It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

KathyIL HB User
c5-6, c6-7 arm pain...what does it feel like?

I have severe spinal stenosis at c5-6 and 6-7 caused by large protruding disks and osteophytes compressing a congenitally small spinal canal.

For the last several days I have had increasing pain in my left arm which started in the middle of the upper arm (towards the back) and now includes my elbow.

The pain feels like I slept on my arm wrong, it is not shooting pain. My fingertips on my left hand feel numb and also my big toe.

I also have a herniated disk at t8-9 with disk material contacting, but not compressing my spinal cord (according to mri done in November).

On my November neurological exam, decreased reflexes were found at c5-6 and c6-7, but the doctor noted that they were symmetrical.

Is this pain anything to worry about? Has anyone here had their stenosis turn from severe to myelopathic? What did the arm pain feel like and was it there constantly?

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
(female)

xquizart HB User
Re: c5-6, c6-7 arm pain...what does it feel like?

Hello, I understand your concerns. I have stenosis on C5 C6 & C7 & a few other narrowing spots higher up. The spurs are pinching my spinal cord bi-laterally (on both sides of the cord) & I have had cronic pain for 10 weeks now. My pain is like having both hands attached to an electic fence & it burns all the way up both arms. Its sooo draining. My naturopath has told me some wonderful stories & Im taking Silica tablets now to strenthen the bone (as well as a heap of other things) & hopefully recover without surgery. (Anything is worth a try I suppose)!! Xquizart

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
(female)

xquizart HB User

I have been on a mission this past week to find out how to cure stenosis without surgery. I have been told that Traditional Chinese medicine 'herbal plaster packs' have cured one man who had severe Cervical Stenosis & I will be trying it soon.

Ive also been told that Castor Oil disolves spurs/calcification . Someone suggested I tape a soaked cloth onto the back of my neck & cover it with plastic so it doesnt leak over clothes or pillows etc So Im now wearing a Castor oil patch & see how that goes.

I do believe I can heal myself without surgery...contrary to the doctors saying I need surgery..The more Ive researched the more positive I feel about it.

Good luck..hope u feel better soon.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I have three herniated discs in my neck and three bulging. One is C6/7. They think that is causing the pain down my arm into my hand. I also have a torn tendon in my elbow which could also be the cause. I had an EMG to rule out nerve damage. So the dr. said don't do any neck surgery because the nerves are fine. MRI shows one compression. All I know is my neck is killing me with my back and elbow.

Closed Thread