It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User
BAD night tonight

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi Everyone,
I'm having a pretty bad day and now turning into night. my nerve pain is the worst it's been in a year, it feels as bad as it did after surgery. My foot hits the floor like I have no control over it, like rubber, but then it still hurts inside too. I'm having pain when I'm sitting, laying, standing, walking perhaps I'll try hanging upsidedown, hehe, like I could even get in that position,lol. I'm tryin greally hard to be positive while I wait for the meds to kick in here. I pulled out the percocets tonight, usually keep those for day time but I can't stand this today.

My hubby came home sick today so I really felt like I had to care for him, well not so much care for him but do what he usually does so he could recoup. I didn't dare tell him how bad I am today he would have made dinner and everything. He deserves to get sick and not do everything, he gives so much to me I had to do for him. I really think I'm paying the price, I was already bad before he came home so I know that didnt' cause it.

I have to call my doc tomorrow anyway for refills, so I guess I will have a chat with him too.

I do hope I'm alone on here tonight, since that would mean that everyone else is ok tonight. But I suspect I'm not alone since our backs won't give up.

God Bless

Carol[/FONT]

Last edited by HBMod07; 01-23-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: changed font color, incredibly difficult to read post

Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

olliedoll HB User
Re: BAD night tonight

I am sorry that you have had such a bad day tonight and still hurting tonight. Just remember that if you can get through this good days will eventually come. Hopefully, your meds will kick in soon and you will fill better. I also hope your chat with the doc goes well tomorrow. The best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear that your having a bad day!! Hopefully the perc's will kick in and give you some relief. I know what you mean about the hubby thing, because I feel the same way when mine gets sick.

The great thing is that they love us enough to help and take care of us, when we need it. So, giving back makes me feel great inside, just not physically.

Get some rest and I will say a special prayer for you to get some relief tonight.

Bernie

Old 01-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi,
Bernie, your right it did feel really good to help him for a change even if it was just lil things. He did like to be the one cared for too I think. Thanks

Ollie I will update you tomorrow, thanks.

God Bless

Carol

Last edited by HBMod07; 01-23-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: font color difficult to read

Old 01-22-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
(female)

Rustysgurl HB User

Carol:

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad today, and hope that the meds kick in to give you some relief. That was wonderful of you to take care of your sick husband even though I know you didn't feel like it. I've been there, too, as my husband takes very good care of me and I feel a little guilty sometimes that I'm doing all the taking and he's doing all the giving. I hope you both feel better very soon.

Rest assured, I don't think you'll ever be alone on this board no matter what time it is!

Take care -

Mary

Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Hi all
We all have a couple of things in common tonight. We all are having a bad night and seem to be waiting for the meds to kick in. My husband too is wonderful and understanding. I feel guilty alot because he does so much.
I have not had my surgery yet. My Doc told me that when I just could not take the pain anymore to call him. For those whom don't recall I manage a retail store at the mall and was waiting till after the holidays. Well I have decided that I will go for the surgery even though the Doc only gives a 50-50 chance it will relief my pain. I feel doing nothing and taking the chance that the slippage gets worse and living on meds all my life is not for me. Doc said we can stabilize the spine and if that does not work we will do a fusion. I hope the first surgery works but and ready to deal with what life deals me. Looks like late Feb early march will be the time frame. Making the decision is always the hardest.
I hope everyone is back in bed at this point and sleeping soundly.

We are lucky to have this forum sometimes I would not know what to do if I could not go on line and read about everyone. Helps pass the painful moments also gives new outlook to my pain when I read about everyone else.

Thanks to everyone. Have a painfree night.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:18 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]
Carol ,
OMG ! hanging upside down I about busted my guts laughing at that one. Maybe it would work ? I did my hour and a half on my feet yesterday and I was on the bottle all night. And I mean the waterbottel . Sorry for your bad day/night also. It feels good inside helping others and feeling of some sort of worth , I do the dishes for my wife all the time. I know it's not much but its somthing. Hope your doing better today.
Don't hang upside to long might get a head ache [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I hope that once the meds kicked in you were able to get some much pain relief. I know personally there are times that the medicine can't get in fast enough and I go crazy. I almost wish there was a magic button I could push that would deliver the medicine that instant for relief.

I pray that today will be a better day for you.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Indigo"]Carol, am so sorry that it was a bad night. I came home from therapy and told my DH "DON"T TOUCH ME." It was just one of those days.

I think you need my hot tub. I can share it with you [[[[tub]]]. there. but don't try to sit in it upside down, all the water tends to fall out!

hang in there..you know it will get better. I also know that it's frightening when your spouse is ill. They have to be well in case we need anything. And I was always the "taker-care-of" person...i hate having to learn new roles!
[/COLOR]

Old 01-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="Red"]Hi Everyone,
I did get a lil sleep last night, thank God! But when I got up this morning ALL the meds had worn off and I was worse than last night. I'm now sitting here waiting for them to kick in AGAIN, I would love that button now, hehe. Could you have seen my hubby if he would have woke up and I was haging upsidedown in the corner, rofl! I have the call in to the doc, just waiting to see what he says. I know he can't really do anything for the pain, I guess I'm just wanting some reassurance that my whole spine isn't just dying because that is what it feels like. I don't understand what is wrong, the pain has just doubled at least, for no reason. I haven't done anything different guess that is what panicks me so much right now.

Well just wanted to update you all, thanks so much for being here.

Bad news, I just got a call back from the docs office he's on vacation this week so I can't talk to him, I don't want to talk to his partners since they dont' know my history like he does. He always calls me on his way home from the office because he talks to me for at least 30-40 minutes, thats why I hate leaving him so much, I know no other doc will do that. Oh well guess I'll increase the meds a bit until monday when I see him and go from there.

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][SIZE="2"]Carol have you ask the doctor if you could take more pain meds than normally ? I have and they put me up one, it helps when your in alot of pain . I'm curious why your having more than normal pain ?

Hope it gets better[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

OK Carol, how about we take a deep breath....innnnnn now outttttttt. there, that's the start. I think you need to play the pamper me game. I made this up when I was in the nursing home for a month and I got NO care. You settle yourself down and only do what you have to do for YOU today. I highly recommend napping. Do only what you need to for you today. IT should help some with the pain. My dr. and my PT. both tell me that when you have pain you need to back off . so there is my lecture for the day. My children say that I have a degree in guilt with a minor in nag, so there isn't a chance!

Keep your chin up, you know it will abate some. just rests and take your meds. Do you have enough to bump up a little? You're in my prayers..

Old 01-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="Red"]Hi,
I am puzzled as to why suddenly my nerve damage & back pain are worse, I will not find out till monday maybe. I am getting my vicodin called in today, and he did precsribe me percocet last month to use for a breakthru drug because things were increasing then. So I can alternate them thru out the day and hopefully it will help. I am only one pill from the max on my nerontin, that was just increased a few months ago. I'm know something is moving inside, I can feel it everytime I get up or sit down. That started when the pain increase started. Nothing shows up on the xrays tho, so i guess we play the waiting game again. I'm not a very patient person,you would think after all I have waited for I would be by now, lol.

Thanks for the help.

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][SIZE="3"]Carol have they offered you an extention flex xray yet ? You may be toggling out. your screws pulling out. I'd ask about them. Sorry your in so much pain . [/SIZE][/COLOR][QUOTE=mamakitkat;2758866][COLOR="Red"]Hi,
I am puzzled as to why suddenly my nerve damage & back pain are worse, I will not find out till monday maybe. I am getting my vicodin called in today, and he did precsribe me percocet last month to use for a breakthru drug because things were increasing then. So I can alternate them thru out the day and hopefully it will help. I am only one pill from the max on my nerontin, that was just increased a few months ago. I'm know something is moving inside, I can feel it everytime I get up or sit down. That started when the pain increase started. Nothing shows up on the xrays tho, so i guess we play the waiting game again. I'm not a very patient person,you would think after all I have waited for I would be by now, lol.

Thanks for the help.

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="Magenta"][COLOR="Red"]Shawley,
I'm thinking when I go on monday he will do the flex xray, I have had them before but not since this surgery last yr. I had loose screws after the first surgery and they NEVER showed up on any films, when the doc went in to remove them a yr after they were put in he coudl actaullly wiggle two of them. They were loose for so long the holes were even bigger than they were originally so he couldn't even replace them.

At this last surgery they could only put in 5 not 6 screws, the 6th one was halfway in and the end of my bone broke off leaving no place to put it. I'm wondering now if that one screw at the top on one side is the problem since it is bearing all of the movement on it's own. it is at the top one level above the actual fusion levels so I guess it could be moving? WE will see soon enough,I will bring up the flex xray if he doesn't.

Carol[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Closed Thread