It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
surgery just got rescheduled

I am really pissy now. All this waiting and now I have been put off until march ninth. She said, unless their is a cancelation. Nice.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
(female)

syrinx2112 HB User
Re: surgery just got rescheduled

I am sorry to hear that your surgery got rescheduled. I know you must be really frustrated, but I try to think that things happen for a reason. I hope you will be able to get in sooner. Take care. I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Oh yvette,
I am sooo sorry. What was the reason? It had better be goon or we won't be inviting them for cake at our pity parties! What are you suppose to do in the mean time? besides worry....

BIG huggs to you....
JIll[/COLOR]

Old 02-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Oh, ((((((Yvette)))) I would be throwing my Diet Dr. Pepper at this point. I am so sorry. Did they give you a reason?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Yvette
I am so sorry. Maybe your jitters were an insite to this happening. What reason did they give?

Well we will just have to get you thru this. Gives you a little extra time to get the computer situation worked out.

Try to remember that everything happens for a reason and I am sure that something is going to come up that you will be needed.

I know that this probably didn't help much. Sorry. You will be in my thoughts and I will still be holding your hand. Will you hang onto me. We can still go thru this together.

Sandy

Old 02-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #6
(male)

Porter107 HB User

Oh I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel, if you go back a few months, you will see my post when I found out that my surgery had been cancelled 2 days before I was to have it. My Surgeon had gone on a "unexpected leave of absence". They had to find me another surgeon, I had to make an appointment with him, and I had to wait another month for surgery. I know this is upsetting to you and I am so sorry that you must continue to wait. I know that there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better about this, so I will just say that I know what youre feeling and you certainly have the right to be "pissy".
Hope you feel better soon.

Porter

Old 02-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

That is terrible news. I know how nerve racking it can be waiting to have the surgery!! Just take a deep breath, the day will be here before you know it. Sorry for your frustration. Limbo sucks.

Rose

Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User

[QUOTE=yvette777;2799490]I am really pissy now. All this waiting and now I have been put off until march ninth. She said, unless their is a cancelation. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Awww Yvette,
I am sorry hon. Everyone is right, it takes forever to get adjusted to the very idea of surgery, and bravery to actually schedule it, and then all of the adjustments you have to make to your own life to get it done............arrrggghhhh
Can we all be pissy with you? I am certainly in the mood for it today.......
Sandi

Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]THAT"S IT!!! Pissy party now starting...plase join us in the pissy party room. We are all going to crab and vent and thow old hardware.

If this helps you get better we are in for the long haul...we can start the P3 club (pissy party pals). Come on guys! we want yvette to feel better. We can all hobble over to her surgeons office and whine and complain......

guess this ice and snow are getting to me......[/COLOR]

Old 02-14-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

I know exactly how you feel! Had ADR scheduled and a few weeks before the surgery date, the insurance refused to pay for it. So it was put off indefinitely! Then had no choice but to schedule a fusion instead! Talk about Pissy.. my doctor was so mad at my insurance company, he wrote them a very very nasty letter and told them exactly what he thought of them! I got a copy of it and I applauded him for writing the letter. They need more doctors to do this!

Very frustrating I know, but at least your wait is not overly long. Doesnt help much, but you've held on this long.. a little bit more time will be okay! Hang in there. Tammy

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Oh Yvette,
I'm sorry you're having to regroup now and get yourself psyched up for waiting a little longer! I'm gonna hope that by waiting you'll have no snow on the ground when you come home from the hospital.

I hope you're doing okay. I know it's hard, but you keep hanging in there. We've been praying for you, so maybe this is in some way an answer to prayer that we don't understand yet.

Love ya, girl!!!
Emily

Old 02-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]Your gonna need a pair of the shawley pants if your getting ps'y . I'm sorry Yvette you have been waiting for so long..Darn it ! So now I have to start a new count down huh ? It will all work out for the best , I'm sure.. [/SIZE][/COLOR][QUOTE=yvette777;2799490]I am really pissy now. All this waiting and now I have been put off until march ninth. She said, unless their is a cancelation. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

What would i ever do without you guys!! My hubby took me out for chinese food, first time ever as he hates it, so he must have been feeling sorry for me. Well I did have the crab!!!

They had a good excuse to reschedule, a brain tumor surgery. I know this is far more important than me. And I do believe that everything happens for a reason...I just was so let down, all the anxiety and crap I've been going through...

And yes Shawley now my countdown starts over...and then I'm thinking what if the do it to me again?

The nurse said to still go to my pre-op tomorrow and, if any openings come available they will get me in sooner. I asked, how often does that happen. She said well, I can't say it will, but some people's blood work doesn't come back right and some people just cancel and decide against surgery. But I won't hold my breath on that one.

I guess what I don't understand is, if you are a surgeon and you always do brain/spine surgerys, wouldn't you alot in your schedule for emergency or traumatic situations?

I remember you going through this porter...and you know I have medicaid and this is the only surgeon I could find to help me so....I dont' have a choice here but to wait.

And clover you know I'll be holding your hand.

I am not the most patient person.....I guess only someone who's gone through this kinda crap would understand how the waiting game kills ya...first its wait two months just to be seen, then get some tests and wait for another appointment and then wait wait wait.

I do believe in everything happens for a reason, i really do. That doesn't mean I like it. I am still a little pissy. And I hope to god they don't do this to me again....can they? I mean if they do my blood work tomorrow how long is it good for? OHHHHHHHHHH.........If i just had something to do with my life...it wouldnt' be so bad....I am going to try to regain some positive thoughts, just not sure if its' gonna be today.

I truly don't know what I would do without you guys!!!!!!!!!

Just your responses brought a tear to my eye, because I feel like you guys understand completely and care!!! hugs vette

PS Shawley, maybe my other problem will be better to...ya know trash bags and peroxide.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
(female)

syrinx2112 HB User

Hi Yvette,

As you know I am not the most patient person either. Keep those positive thoughts flowing. I know it may not be easy at times, but positive energy I think really helps. I know personally, I am so glad to have found this board. It is such a relief to know there are people who understand.

Angie

Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Hey don't forget how patient I was when I called the scheduler nurse every 5 minutes for 2 hours and finally got thru to the scheduler.....there was no way I was going to wait for her to return my call.

I pray that they are able to get you in sooner and you won't have anytime to be nervous about everything.

Good luck and remember I am here.

Closed Thread