It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

sbbo97 HB User
Sorry Men... questions for the ladies

Sorry... couldn't help my thread title, I've been wanting to ask this for a while and thought I'd take the opportunity now.

I was wanting to know if I'm the only one who notices this, if it's something related or not...

I have a tendancy to have pretty painful menstrual cramps, but this is what I've been noticing over the last 12 months or so: I will get this incredible burning, pain in my left (always the left) iliac crest.. (hip bone). It's like someone is taking a drill to it.. Then the pain shoots down into my thigh - on the outside. The pain is similar to some of the shooting pains I experience occassionaly that I think are related to my lower back pain and small bulges at L4/L5 and L5/S1.

Could there be something internally that is causing increased pressure or stimulation of the nerves in my lumbar area... something that would radiate out to my hip bone. Something that is related to my monthly cycle?

Am I weird... or grasping for straws?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Sorry Men... questions for the ladies

Have you mentioned this to your GYN? You might ask them about the possibility of endometriosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Hi sbbo,
I don't have this, but my initial thought is you might possibly have a cyst or tumor in there pressing on a nerve. When was the last time you had a pelvic exam? If it's been a while, you probably should be checked out, just to be sure.

Or it could be related to the bulges. Maybe something else altogether. But you might want to start with an appt with your ob/gyn.

Wish you the best!
Emily

Old 02-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
(female)

sbbo97 HB User

Wow - so this is weird.....

I had the absolute worst night last night. Came back to the boards looking to see if anyone had a similar experience and I stumble across my own post from exactly one year ago today.

I didn't realize I had been living with this for so long...

I did question my ob/gym about 5 months ago. He said everything was fine. FWIW - he told me to take some advil (like blowing on a wildfire)

Anyway - I woke up about 2am with the most horrible pain I've felt in months. Hot, bright, burning pain from lower left back, into rear, wrapping around to front of thigh and down to pinkie toe.

Nothing helped.. not walking, not sitting, not laying down... I didn't even want to cry for fear I'd tense up and make it worse. I finally grabbed Advil AND some SOMA. Within a couple of hours the pain had subsided and I was able to doze until 6am.

Of course I now realize that this post is simply a vent. I am considering calling my dr. again, but I have to go to my primary care doc in order to be referred anywhere else <sigh>. I had an MRI back in June of 2006. I wonder if my lumbar spine has changed at all. Is it an typical to see changes in MRI over time? (I also had 2 ESIs in summer 2006).

Right now... sitting at work, the pain is still there... it's subdued, but definitely still there.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

Please do not respond to messages older than 30 days or so. Always start a new thread if the one you wish to respond to is old.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Closed Thread