It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Count down to surgery

I know the next few days will be hectic so I am posting this know so I do not forget on Sunday

For anyone new I am finally having my surgery on the 26th. I found so much help on this board. I want to just say thanks to everyone and a few whom have been very supportive

Yvette-Thanks for making my decision easier and helping me through the tuff times. I am so sorry your surgery got postponed as you should have been before me. Some how this did not work as I planned. I had it figured that you would be home before I went and could hear your experience. I just want to take a minute and really thank you buddy for keeping me positive sometimes it is easy to fall into a depressed mode. Thanks again for being there and rest assure I am there for you. Holding your hand thru your surgery.

Pepper-your daily updates have shown me what to expect and I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with me. Your positive attitude will take you far even after recovery. Thanks again for being there for me.

Shawley-I have enjoyed your posts and you never fail to make me laugh. Thanks for being here. I appreciate your humor and seriousness.

Well everyone thank you for being supportive and positive I do appreciate everyone and also worry about everyone as most are in stages of recovery. I probably am not the best at posting giving advice as right now I feel I am struggling. I will post when I get home.

Thanks everyone I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: Count down to surgery

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Sandy 3 days . Thanks for the kind words ,but I should be thanking all you instead for being my friend on here.

I always looked a head when it was surgery time , when they prep ya and get you into your gown and IV in ,just think ...A cocktail is comming next. I think thats the best part of going in ,the injection you recieve before going in to keep you calm. My first spine surgery ,I was in a HUGE Pittsburgh hospital ,in the recovery room wainting to be wheeled in for surgery , Oh yea I was tagged and everything just waiting on a room. This older guy beside me was going in to have his tummy band removed and he was mad he had waited so long , after they came for him ,I just layed on my bunk watching people go in and come out of surgery , I was ammazed ! This one guy who come out must have had brain surgery cause his head was all wrapped up , they brought him pretty close , I watched them pull his breathing hose out . That scared me to see that. Anyway this nurse came over and was talking to me and ask if I would like a cocktail ..I said a what ? And she stuck the needle in my IV hose and whoo hoo did I feel good. I said how about another ,she laughed and said not till your ready to go in. I didn't care I felt great I was just ammazed how many surgeries are performed a day.

I'll (we'll)be thinking of you Monday , try not to worry yourself , you'll be fine. Just remember as soon as you can get on your puter and check in .

Dan[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Well Clover, it looks like I will be joining you in your count-down. My surgery has been moved up to Monday the 26th too. I'll say a little prayer for you before they administer the coctail. I may not get the words out right if I do it after... Good luck and know that you will do just fine. I will pray that God blesses the surgeon's mind, may it be extreemly sharp, his eyes, may he see every conceivable potential future problem and fix it then, and finally his hands, that he is perfectly dead on to fixing your pain. God Bless, usta

Old 02-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Sandy,

Deep breath, you are and will be doing fine. Find things to do to keep busy. Like making a list of things that need to be taken care of..such as cleaning the baths, vacuuming, dusting, clothes. Lists of meals that can be made, where food is located (your hubby is a guy keep that in mind!). Get the stuff that you will need when you get home in your room now. Trust me, they won't remember where you put things.

Enjoy a walk outside, get your hair cut, get your toes done (you can wear toenail polish in surgery now). Have a quick lunch out.

MAKE SURE SOMEONE LETS US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING! We will be thinking of you and praying for you. All will be well and we will rejoice with you next week.

Chin up gal! It makes you look taller! All will be good!
jill[/COLOR]

Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Sandy thank you for the kind words but really I should be thanking you. You have been there for me, giving me words of encouragement, and allowing me to chat with you. You all have been certainly entertaining at times and the best medicine that one can have.

One thing that I did before surgery which really helped alot was to plan 6 weeks of menus and I purchased all the dry ingredients ahead of time along with all of the frozen foods I could get in my big freezer. Each week, I made a list for all those fresh food items my family would need to purchase to make the planned meals. This really has helped them tremendously and taken some of the craziness off of them. It also helped me keep so busy that I did not have time to think about the surgery. My hubby also said, Man, what are you buying all this stuff for??? Now, he realizes how much this has helped him.

Take care and you know I will be praying throughout the day for you. I know in my heart things will go well for you. Love ya.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]
Ustalaughalot ,
We'll be keeping you in our prayer's also ,the 26th ! Ahhhhhhhhhh,,,thats to close [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Old 02-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

[QUOTE=shawley;2816815][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]
Ustalaughalot ,
We'll be keeping you in our prayer's also ,the 26th ! Ahhhhhhhhhh,,,thats to close [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yes it is close but think R E L I E F !! Wishing you success with your surgery Ustalaughalot and that you will soon be pain free!!

Old 02-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Yea , RELEIF AT LAST ![/SIZE][/COLOR][QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;2816854]Yes it is close but think R E L I E F !! Wishing you success with your surgery Ustalaughalot and that you will soon be pain free!![/QUOTE]

Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

[QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;2816808]My hubby also said, Man, what are you buying all this stuff for??? Now, he realizes how much this has helped him.

[/QUOTE]

Pepper, I did the same thing. My husband thought I was nuts, but when the only thing he had to shop for was bread and milk, he suddenly appreciated it! He never fully "got" how much I prepared in advance, though, since everything was there and he didn't have to think about it. I'm glad it was one less thing for him to worry about. What would he do without me?!

Emily

Old 02-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]What would ANY of our hubbies do without us? No offense to Shawley of course....you are almost one of us...sort of...except for those shorts.... oh dear![/COLOR]

Old 02-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]

Jill ! My shawley shorts been clean lately. But you all said it, thanks to us husbands were very understanding ,as long as you all grab us a Beer now and then [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Old 02-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Ah clover your post brought a tear to my eye. In all seriousness I would not know what to do without you guys!!! And maybe god wanted you to go first for a reason...like I am a big wus and scaredy cat. -These decisions and life obstacles would have been impossible without your guys support and love and knowledge and big shoulders.

I know in just a few weeks all of us, will be on the recovery side...and looking forward to those pina colodas. I know the count down is close, and we are all here to listen anytime.....so let us support you through this the best we can being in cyberville.

I think the grocery thing is a great idea. I plan on going to sam's club before surgery and stocking up really good.

MAN I LOVE YOU GUYS

Old 02-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Dear usetolaughalot, that was such a huge name I couldnt remember it when posting...couldnt' be the drugs could it? I just wanted to say welcome here, and this place has been the best support sytem in the world. You got here just in time. If you haven't had a chance yet, diet just had surgery and her post has been all since and has given lots of info and ideas so we can have tips ahead of time...and ofcourse not try to be wonderwoman RIGHT DIET!!! Wishing you the best, and praying for you!!! yvette

Old 02-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Clover,
Would like to wish you the best of luck for a successful surgery. It's a tough thing...surgery, but once it is over and done...you just have to think postive about the recovery.... Spring is coming, just think...a new beginning for you too!!!

Sage

Old 02-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Do you like pina colada's...

Closed Thread