It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
(male)

CrAzzyWak HB User
Unhappy Lower back + Buttocks pain...

Hey everybody.

I am 20 years old, have had back pains for 4 years since I fell on my buttocks from about 2m height.

I did CT, Bone scan, Spect, MRI.

No results.

Only the CT have shown some minor protruding disks although the MRI that was done later showed nothing - the doctors told me that the CT wasn't accurate and if the MRI shows nothing, then I'm ok.

The pain doesn't seem to go. I am OK physically, I walk about 3.5 miles everyday. My muscles aren't weak or anything, I used to go to the gym.

Although, the pain doesn't go.

The pain is almost ALWAYS there, it gets worse when I TOUCH my lower back\upper buttocks. I don't need to lift anything for it to hurt, if something touches my lower back or buttocks, I get in huge pain. Even when water touches the place in the shower, when my pants rub that area, anything... I get in huge pain.

The pain is killing me. It really is. It gets worse when I sit for long periods, when I lie down (on my back, on my stomach or on the side, it doesn't matter), even when I walk.

I've been through physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, you name it. Nothing helped me.

What should I do? I hate this! Please help me...

Old 02-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: Lower back + Buttocks pain...

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]
Sorry about your pain , Hmm I never had pain when back touched , just when I stood or sit to long ?? Maybe it has to do with your muscles somehow ? I don't know. I would think a CT would show if there was something wrong in there . An MRI will show tissue nerves better, but a CT will show disc bone so if there's anything wrong they should see it ? Maybe you will need a MRI ?

Sorry I couldn't help..I never heard of that before its weird...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Did you see your own MRI and CT reports? Just wondering sometimes these doctors just don't tell us stuff like we are stupid and make us feel like we are crazy or all in our heads....maybe not the case with you.

If it is still giving you problems maybe you should get another opinion as well. When you are young they sometimes ignore you more or say your to young.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I wasn't trying to be negative, hopefully your doctors aren't messing with you. I just have had bad experiences being told I was to young and leaving things out etc. - hopefully yours is just a muscle and you can somehow find a way to relieve the pain. I would keep up that walking for sure and do as much core work as can without injury, like pilates.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
(male)

CrAzzyWak HB User

I have seen the actual reports and they seem to look good. As I said, only the CT showed something that the MRI didn't show and the doctors decided that the CT wasn't accurate.

I wonder if there is something with a situation similar to mine... That when you rub\touch your lower back\buttocks you get in pain.

Closed Thread