It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Clover, we're in the home stretch...

Hi Clover,
I don't know about you but it is finally starting to sink in that Monday AM is almost here. Just think, a week from now how much better we are going to feel. I just wish that I could go to sleep now and wake up Monday evening with the surgery being over. As you can tell, it is 3:35 in the AM and I haven't been able to go to sleep. It is sleeting here in Virginia... so just reading, posting and looking for a mind diversion.... usta

Old 02-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Re: Clover, we're in the home stretch...

Usta
I know the feeling. It is 2:15 here and I can't sleep either. I had a real bad day yesterday lots of pain. I went to the store and bought a book and some goodies that I really like so I will have it when I come home. I am going to take the book and a couple of pepsi's to the hospital. May not have time to read but I will have it anyway.

I don't know about you but I am really getting nervous. I have alot to do tomorrow so I am sure the day will fly by. Tomorrow night will be hard as the nothing to drink after 10pm rule is in effect. Can only take a sip of water to take meds if needed. I have to be at the hospital at 6am how about you? I know you told me but I forgot.

I am just going to pretend I am on that hawian vacation with the pina coldas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Usta..

Good luck to you...hope all goes well....

Sage

Old 02-25-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Hello guys. Clover they did not let me take meds and nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Maybe your meds will help you relax.

Please know that I will be praying for both of you and Clover I will be waiting to see your daughter's post. Ustalaughalot, please let us know how things went as soon as you can.

Take care and god bless. Remember we are all pulling for you.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Good morning Clover,

I have to be there at 7:20 A.M. Atleast you can take your meds. The nurse told me to stop by midnight because I'm on demerol and she said the anestetition (sp?) needs to know how much they need to give me to put me out. I think that I will try to sleep a lot today. I am a smoker and they wanted me to stop 48 hours before, I wasn't able to do it yesterday but I will try to give it atleast 24. I figure if I'm sleeping it won't bother me so much. I have decided to try to quit AGAIN. I didn't know that smoking could contribute to disc problems until just recently. You know it, I am getting nervous too. I believe that we will both do just fine! Chin up girl, it will all be just a memory oh so soon! Diet and Sage, thanks for the vote of confidence and support. It has really helped! Well, tata for now. Thanks for everything! Usta

Old 02-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Clover and Usta just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers for your surgeries tomorrow and that i am praying for a sucessful surgery, and recvery for you both. Take care and keep us posted when you can
Rachel

Old 02-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Well clover buddy and ustla - this is the final countdown...to living with all this crap. Final countdown before new life and healing begins YES!!! Okay you know I'm sucking it up and being brave for you...thank god we have each other!!! Prayers will constantly be coming your way. Pina Colada's are sounding really good right now....and the sun would be good to...it'll be here soon. Wishing you the best painfree nerve free day....and always cyber hugs vette.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Hi,
I'll be praying for both of you and hope you have a successful surgery & a speedy recovery. I look forward to posts that say how good you feel and how happy you are that you had the surgery.

Good Luck

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. I am confident that this will be a piece of cake. I am just keeping the palm trees and ocean and pina coladas in my mind. I really am anxious to see if after surgery if the pre surgery pain is still there. Seems that others that have had surgery all seem to know right away.

I will try to post again tonight as I have lots of cooking to do right now.

hugs to all my cyber friends thanks for being there

Sandy

Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Usta & Clover - Wishing you the both the best of luck tomorrow with both of your surgery's. I am Looking forward to hearing how well you are doing the next time you post. I will say a prayer for you both in the morning. Hope you both are able to get some sleep tonight. Take care.

Rose

Old 02-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Dear Mama, KK, Yvette and Jen,

Thank you all for your kind words and support. The prayers are especially appreciated. I believe that Clover and I will do just fine. It is most hard I think to just get thru the pre surgery jitters. Clover I am also looking forward to waking up to find the nerve pain gone. I think I could live with some minor lower back discomfort if it didn't include this horrible leg and hip pain. Thanks again everyone for your support and prayers. usta

Closed Thread