It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
(male)

Porter107 HB User
Hi all,its been a few days since I been around

Hello everyone, Its been a few days since I have logged on. Its been one of those crazy weeks, but I wont bore you with the details, lets just say I am glad its over! I did get some terrific news today though, I got a call from the long term disability department through my employer (State of Kansas) when the guy told me who he was, I thought "Great, more bad news", but instead he was calling to tell me that I had been approved for disability!!! He said th review commitee said it was a "no brainer" I can not tell you what a relief that was to hear. Trying to survive on just my wifes income is quickly becoming a serious problem and we were about ready to sell everything just to get by. I will start recieving my check next month. It is such a weight off my shoulders right now, I fell much better just knowing I am finally going to receive some sort of income.
As far as my leg, well its still bad. I took some pictures of my foot yesterday because it was so swollen that I couldnt walk on it at all and I know that when I see my Doctor, it wont be that bad, so I now have something he can look at so he can give e some idea of whats going on with it. OK enough of me. Hows everyone else doing? (dont answer all at once). I hope that everyone is doing well and are reasonably "painfree" if that is at all possible. Well I will talk to you all soon. Take care

Porter

Old 02-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Hi all,its been a few days since I been around

Congratulations on being approved for the disability. I am sure that was a heavy weight lifted off your shoulders and now you can concentrate on the healing of your back.

Take care and I will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
(male)

Porter107 HB User

Thanks Pepper. Yes it is such a relief for sure. I am sure that it will contribute to a better recovery in some way.

Porter

Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Awesome news porter.....that has got to be such a wonderful relief...hope you get to feeling better.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Hi Porter,
I'd say you were overdue for some good news for a change! What a relief that someone had some sense and finally got this finalized for you! Congratulations!

Did you ever get that CT scan? I think that was very smart to take a picture of your leg for your doctor. I hope he can give you some answers and some hope soon. Have you seen any improvement at all? Are you still using the patches? Are the patches what's just getting you through til the appt?

How are you doing with your back? That seems to have been overshadowed by the leg issue.

I hope you tell your wife often how much you love and appreciate her. She sounds like a prize!

Take care,
Emily

Old 02-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Indigo"][B]
Great new's Porter ,
I'm wondering about that myself , SSD maybe down the line. Did it take forever to get approved ? I am so worried if I'm ever going to ba able to do any type of work in the future that will come close to what I was making before my injury. Thank the Lord I hurt myself @ work.
I just had a friend who went to lift a mop bucket and hurt herself , her foot swelled and went numb . she is waiting on a MRI. She's in a lot of pain. I told her I understand how she feel's. I don't understand the swelling ?? My legs never swelled , just numb and have pain in them?

Congrats again [/B][/COLOR]

Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Porter - That's great news! Now the next good thing that is going to happen is your leg is going to calm down and you are going to be much better soon .

Rose

Old 02-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
(male)

Porter107 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Hi all,its been a few days since I been around

[B][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][/B][QUOTE=BlueAtlas;2824634]Hi Porter,
I'd say you were overdue for some good news for a change! What a relief that someone had some sense and finally got this finalized for you! Congratulations! [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Truly I did not believe it was going to be that easy after hearing so many horror stories about being denied.[/COLOR][/B]
Did you ever get that CT scan? [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]No not yet, I guess my surgeon wants to see me first t see if it is necesssary?[/COLOR][/B] I think that was very smart to take a picture of your leg for your doctor. I hope he can give you some answers and some hope soon. Have you seen any improvement at all? [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Well, I think I am most of the time and then, without warning, it hits me again! But, I really believe that its healing a bit.[/COLOR][/B] Are you still using the patches? [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Yup[/COLOR][/B] Are the patches what's just getting you through til the appt? [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I know that the patches are helping, I can tell when thier effect is diminishing and its time for another. My pain is sometimes very intense and sometmes its a constant ache. My foot is a steady light purple color now and seldom turns red like it had.[/COLOR][/B]
How are you doing with your back? That seems to have been overshadowed by the leg issue. [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Its a lot better. Almost too good. O sometimes forget that I am not supposed to bend until its too late. I know I should wear the brace more, but it is so uncomfortable after awhile that I have to get it off me. My back feels so much better then it did a few weeks ago. I can live with this kind of back pain with no problem! [/COLOR][/B]
I hope you tell your wife often how much you love and appreciate her. She sounds like a prize! [B][COLOR="royalblue"] Well you know you cant let them know you depend on them that much, you tend to lose the upper hand...As if I ever had the upper hand! Shes great, and I know that she is relieved about the disability as well.

Porter[/COLOR][/B]
Take care,
Emily[/QUOTE]

Old 02-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Glad to hear that the surgery has proved to have relieved your back pain. Wow.. you have certainly had issues with your leg and I thought mine were bad post surgery. Mine never turned any colors thank goodness.

Im still stunned they didnt do a doppler on you or a CT scan to make sure nothing is serious going on.

It sounds like it's better, but I was hoping to hear that it was much better by now.

Good news on the $$$ that will flow next month.

all the best to you Porter. keep thinking pink.. so that leg will change to a better color. hehehe.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Indigo"][B]
Hey Porter hope your doing great today , my question of the week is what cause the swelling in your foot ? Did the Dr.'s hit a blood vessel or somthing ? My friends leg and foot has swelled after trying to lift a Big mop bucket ,she can't hardly stand , she waiting for an MRI .

Thanks[/B][/COLOR]

Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

porter you crack me up not wanting your wife to have the upper hand lol.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Hey you bumped my post to Porter [/COLOR][QUOTE=yvette777;2826733]porter you crack me up not wanting your wife to have the upper hand lol.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #13
(male)

Porter107 HB User

[QUOTE=shawley;2826657][COLOR="Indigo"][B]
Hey Porter hope your doing great today , my question of the week is what cause the swelling in your foot ? Did the Dr.'s hit a blood vessel or somthing ? My friends leg and foot has swelled after trying to lift a Big mop bucket ,she can't hardly stand , she waiting for an MRI .

Thanks[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I really dont know for sure. I do know that 2 arteries were cut accidentally during surgery, but it doctor doesnt think has anything to with it. Sometimes it gets so swollen that it becomes rather difficult to put any wieght on it. I will know more on Friday (next appointment in Wichita) he may want to order a CT scan to check to see if that nerve is being compressed somehow. My theory is nerve damage. Kinda nervous about that. It feels better then it did right after surgery, but sometimes it gets real painful to the point I cant sleep, who knows maybe it will get better eventually, But I am no Dr.

Porter

Last edited by Porter107; 02-28-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[SIZE="3"]
Porter ,
Oh boy sure hope it heals..
I don't think she broke a artery, just wonder what she did to it ? She had a MRI today so she should know by tomorrow.

You speak of pain and no sleep , everynight here ! I'm taking ambein to help me sleep . I have nerve damage too and it isn't a pleasant feeling. Sure hope they fixed your problem... [/SIZE]

Closed Thread