It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
clover 1st day post op

Hi all my buddies I am still in the hospital had a real bad night. They changed my pain meds this morning from morphine to daulatin (sp) and what a world of difference.

All the pre surgery pain is gone. I was so glad. My surgery was delayed by a couple of hours yesterday because my Dr had a baby last week that was a preemie and she was having some tests run yesterday morning. When he came in my room before surgery he had his digital camera with her picture. She is beautiful and what a proud papa he is. I think he is fantastic he said he had canceled all his appointments but wanted to make sure he did my surgery. He said I have lived long enough in the pain.

Yvette remember to not be a hero and let people help you. The three rules the teach you is no twisting bending or lifting. But don't worry you really won't want to.

Ok so I walked with my buddy the walker a few yards this morning. This afternoon I made it 3 laps around the floor I think she said it was 1200 feet.

Feels real good to walk. Well better run I am tiring out fast.

Cyberhugs to all
Sandy

Old 02-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
(male)

picnica HB User
Re: clover 1st day post op

Good to know you are ok. Good luck and have a speedy recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

You go Clover!!! You are walking really far!!!

Watch the dilautin. I am allergic to morphine and they put me on dilautin which is in the same family as morphine. So if you have problems with morphine you might have a problem with dilautin.

Take care of yourself and know that we are praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Wow Clover, so glad to hear from you...I have been thinking about you constantly and praying for you!!! I thought it would be days before we got to talk. I am so glad you made it through sugery sucessfully and are walking already..And the presurgery pain is gone...AWESOME...your on the road now, the waiting is all behind you.

I got some good news today....I am getting me a laptop tomorrow, finally talked the hubby into it. I know this was silly but I have been more worried about being cut off from my buddy's. Imagining myself lying in bed with nothing to do. So now I know I'll be ok, cause I'll have my buddys.

Remember all the stuff diet told us, don't not take your meds etc. - Are you going to have a walker when you get home or have they even talked about that yet? Okay my questions are starting I'll quit sorry.

Just heal, recover and take care of yourself!!! SEnding cyber hugs and love vette

Old 02-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
(male)

CraigRSW HB User

Well Done Mate, I Hope Everything Goes From Strength To Strength. Hope Im As Brave As You When Its My Turn.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Clover I am so glad to hear from you. I am sorry about the horrible night you had. You are continued in my prayers for a good recovery. You are finally on the road to be pain free!
Rachel

Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Clover, how wonderful that you've got your computer in the hospital. Thanks for getting on and letting us know how you're doing. You sound great! Now don't be a hero! Take it just as easy as you can. You're on the other side of surgery now and in recovery mode. Yea!!! Keep in touch, and be good!

Take care,
Emily

Old 02-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User

Hi Sandy,

So good to hear from you!!! I'm so glad that surgery went good. Now you begin your recovery, just remember to stay ontop of your meds, rest and walk when your up to it. Take it easy on your self.

Sometimes those meds make you feel like your doing great and you start doing to much and pay for it later. So, take it easy and make sure that you keep posting so we can know how your doing.

I haven't been up to posting to much lately, been going through some ruff pain days. But I do come and read for a few minutes and check on everyone and follow how your all doing.

Take care and I'm still praying for you everyday!!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

HEY GAL!! Congrats.. the worst is now over and done with. Now on to healing! The morphine did nothing for me, but Diluadid.. makes me hurl! Glad it's working for you!

The walking distance is fantastic! Yeppers.. not bending, lifting, twisting. You rest well.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
(male)

Porter107 HB User

I am glad to hear that you are doing so well. I remember not too long ago I was where you are now, not much fun! I hope I never have to do it again but at the same time I am glad I did and it is now over. You can now begin to recover. I know its been said a hundered times to you and I dont want to hound you about it, but TAKE YOUR MEDS ON TIME!!! and get some rest . Please take care of yourself and do not over do it.

Porter

Old 02-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

Hi Clover!

Wow, good to hear from you and you are already walking and that's great you don't have the pre-surgery pain! I'm so happy for you and now you are on the road to recovery. I'll keep praying for you! This is encouraging news for me as I'll have my fusion March 27th.

And you even have a laptop at the hospital??? I'm jealous! LOL That's what I would want in the hospital as I can't do w/o my computer. It would be nice to have in bed too recuperating.

I'm sorry you had a bad night but glad to hear you're better today.
Thanks for letting us know already how you are.

Hugs,
Harmony (Gail)

Old 02-28-2007, 03:55 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

alice77 HB User

Hi Clover,

Great to hear from you. You sound in good spirits, keep it up!

love Al x

Old 02-28-2007, 05:29 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

It puts a smile on my face knowing you are doing good. I told the hubby you got online from the hospital, and he laughed and said I guess that's what you want to do to.

I am sending prayers your way....for your fast pain free recovery. And should I say your return to a 100 percent pain free life.

Now you will have to take a break from work - little vacation

xxxooo vette

Old 02-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Sandy,

So glad to hear that you are on the mend. I thought about you yesterday, but was out becoming a grandmother.

Keep to the rules. No BLT. When they told me that I looked at them and said WHY? I love bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches....They just laughed. At least I gave them a chuckle for the day.

Keep on truckin. Obey the speed limits and come back soon!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jill[/COLOR]

Old 02-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Clover Day 2 update.

Last night went well I feel alot better. Stomach is mad at me but all the meds don't help much. Still on the pain pump (dulinten however you sp it) I had some issues with the hospital Iwill explain later.

Hospital has high speed internet so hubby brings my laptop. At least I get to talk with you all. I feel alot better today. Suppose to get a gadget to pull on my socks today. I feel kinda helpless don't know what I would do without hubby.

Yvette how many days until your surgery?

My brace has become my friend. Really feels good. It is hard to type cuz I still have that thing on my finger.

Better run

Closed Thread