It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

texaschick83 HB User
Newbie/Ultram

Hey guys I posted yesterday for the first time. (And thanks to everyone who replied!!) I had Vicodin and Darvocet but it's like within minutes I'm out so I couldn't take it during the day!!

I called and they gave me Ultram. I know lots of people take this, what is your experience with it??

It's not helping like the other stuff, but it might be making a dent. It kinda makes me feel weird though!! Like how you feel after your first margarita. A little jittery feeling. Anyone else??

Old 02-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
(female)

cythren HB User
Re: Newbie/Ultram

I took Ultracet for about a week when I was in a lot of pain. It's the same as Ultram but with Tylenol added.

I liked it. It helped with the pain, and didn't make me sleepy like Vicodin did. It also gave me that slightly giddy feeling you mentioned, but it was very mild. It had a calming effect on me too. I read that it does something with your serotonin levels - so it can work like an antidepressant in some people. Supposedly it can be addictive if you take it for a long time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
(female)

texaschick83 HB User

Yeah I read that it can be highly addictive!! I was like uh-oh!! But I don't plan on taking it long and it's not really helpful!!

But thanks for the reply I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
(female)

mikesgirl HB User

I take Tramadol. It helps more than Hydrocodone and lasts longer. I do know the funny feeling you mention though, I get it if I take too much. I found that I developed a tolerance to it somewhat quickly so I have to take more than I used to. I try not to take it too often for that reason.

I have heard that it is addictive. Strangely enough though, it isn't even a controlled substance!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

My experience is that I can't even look at the stuff without throwing up! I can't even take a tiny weeny dose of that stuff or I am hurling all night long.

Im super med sensitive amongst other things, so Vicodin has been my best friend for the last 2 years. Before that.. I was on Tylenol 3, but that made me very groggy and walked around in a haze most of the time. The Lortab/Vicodin just does something for me the others dont. Including Morphine. After my fusion.. I had the morphine pump, and I had better pain relief when they took me off the pump and gave me Vicodin. The nurses were stunned, and I only know this because they came in to tell me they noticed. But even I noticed how much more relief I had gotten.

Im a weirdo.. what can I say! hehehe.

Use what works. If you aren't getting enough relief or the right relief for you, talk to your doctor. There are all kinds of combos to try to get you enough relief. Me, I wanted a drug that would take the edge off my pain, but would allow me to keep my brains fairly intact to do my job. I can't afford to be hazy in my line of work.

Hope this helps. Tammy

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

I learned the hard way about ultram. Don't stop taking it suddenly. Ween yourself off it. I tried stopping once and spent the entire night walking in little circles in my living room. I couldn't sit still. The next morning I took one and went to sleep for hours. After I finally kicked them my doctor put me on them again. Like what's the difference if your hooked or not you still need them.

Closed Thread