It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

kl1095 HB User
Synovial Cyst & Hypertrophy, Magically Disappearing?

On my previous MRI it stated a synovial cyst in one level and multiple levels of facet joint hypertrophy, my most recent MRI says it is no longer there. Where did it go???? Is it possible to have these things just disappear on there own?

Doctor said MRI is negative, had nurse tell me so I didn't even get to see him to ask any questions. I had to go to the hospital and get a copy of my MRI reports just to see what they actually said.

I have an appointment with a new doctor tomorrow, my doctor (who did my fusion in 09/05) said that I can't see him anymore because my MRI was negative and I should just go to my regular doc. My regular doc won't see me for my back because of my fusion.

Had to practically beg to get a prescription for Darvocet. And I haven't asked for any pain medication in over a year!!! What's the deal? Does it sound like he is blowing me off since he won't make "surgery" money on me now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Synovial Cyst & Hypertrophy, Magically Disappearing?

If you are still having the pain as described in your other post, I would seek a second opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
(female)

kl1095 HB User

I had my fusion (L5-S1) and laminectomy in September 28, 2005. Been back to work since Jan. ?, 2006. It was tough but I "worked through the pain" and "dealt with it". (As I'm sure you ALL understand). Was feeling better but the chronic pain never receded completely. Back around September of 2006 I started to have more pain, harder time doing laundry, vacuuming, loading dishwasher, etc. I've been taking Aleve and using Therma-Care heat patches, doing the spa tub soaks, taking my leftover Vicodin cough syrup , and anything else to try to relieve the pain and it just keeps getting worse.

Now I am back to having the pain going down my left leg and into my calf, it is a burning, aching pain that gets worse from sitting or standing for too long. For the last couple of weeks my calf muscle feels like it is constantly being clenched. When I put on pants, shorts, etc. and they touch the back of my leg it kills sometimes. My spinal column sometimes feels like someone is sticking a hot poker through my spinal canal. My left side of my back and butt sometimes get really cold and go numb and I just plain ache every second of every day throughout my lower back and through my hips.

So, yeah I guess I am still having pain.

And you're right a second opinion is definately called for. My doctor I was seeing was an Orthopedic Surgeon. I googled the Neurosurgeon that I went to before and found a court case where someone was awarded $4 million because he fused the wrong levels on her and hid it from her for 2 years before she finally went to someone else and found out what had happened. So, I think I need to see either a Neorologist or a Neurosurgeon but I'm going to have to find a different one. Reading about that makes me very nervous.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

As it should make you nervous!! I would go to a neurosurgeon vs. neurologist. If you need further surgery a surgeon is a better option in my opinion.

Closed Thread