It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
(female)

mnmama HB User
Unhappy lyrica questions

I have had lower back pain since I was 17, 33 now, I finally had an MRI done about a year and a half ago and they said I had a herniated disk and some deteriation in my facet joints(my spelling is probably wrong). Was on pain meds and the pain eventully went away. Last week it was begining again and I lifted things yesterday that I should not have and am in serious pain again that shoots down my leg. I can hardly walk and sitting is very painful also. I went to the doctor today and he gave me vicodin, which helps just a little, and lyrica, which I have never taken and it is supposed to be for nerve pain. He told me to just take it at night. He wants me back in 3 weeks to talk about doing some kind of injections in my back which really makes me nervous. He said he dosen't think psysical therapy will help me at all either, hmm.
Thanks

Old 03-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: lyrica questions

[COLOR="Navy"]What is your concern about Lyrica? If you check through the board, you will find alot of discussion about Lyrica. It was designed as a seizure medicine, and to treat shigles. The extra side of it is that it is a great medicine for nerve pain.

There are some side effects to it. Weight gain is one. It may make you sleepy, which is why your doctor told you to take it at night...

I'm sure others will weigh in with help about lyrica. It does work. I have been on it for about 6 months and it controls the pain better than I thought it would....

welcome to the group...[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
(male)

Scooterlvtt HB User
Re: lyrica questions

I too take Lyrica and it seems to help most of the time. There are times it does not.......tonight is one of them. It will make you tired though. It is worth the try.

Closed Thread