It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Yvette How many days until your big day

Yvette started this thread for you so we can help you with the pre surgery jitters. Remember the beach palm trees and pina coloadas.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Re: Yvette How many days until your big day

Thanks buddy, its eight days..the final countdown..I was really surprised shawley hadn't been counting me down like last time lol. I told you on the other thread, I took a nap today and woke up thinking it was morning and the first thing I said was seven more days. My hubby had to set me straight

I am writing on my lap top in bed for the first time, just checking itout. It has kept me busy most of the day trying to figure it out. Trying to think of all the stuff I need to take care of, or keep me busy whatever it may be. Today my nerves are fine. All the optimisim and good feelings are because of all of you. And I thank all of you for that.

I am sure I won't stay so nerve free, but today..I am fine. hugs vette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

Pooh lady HB User
Wink Re: Yvette How many days until your big day

Yvette,
Praying for you! I just had my trial put in on Monday (2-26) and it is working GREAT! Having the final part done on Tuesday (3-6) I pray you have relief too!
Love & Prayers,
Kelly (pooh lady)

Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Yvette
The laptop is great. What brand did you get? It was my best investment. When hubby brought mine to hospital I got to sit in the chair for a few minutes and read the posts and write a little. Could sit for long as it was kinda painful.

The one thing I learned and Pepper told us that when you overdo it you feel it the next day.

I am not sure you want to leave the laptop with you at the hospital as you will have alot of meds in you and you don't want to worry about it.

Just make a list of everything you have left to do and follow the list. I added to mine alot but it was very helpful.

All the pointers from pepper and everyone were also very helpful.

Remember I will be right here with you during the next 8 days.

The stress and pain are all worth it when you find your presurgery pain gone.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Hey Vette - I think the key is when you are in the hospital.....don't mess with anything. Take the time to heal, you are going to feel like a mac truck ran you over, you will have alot of meds in you, and not really be able to focus on things.

I would just leave the puter at home personally.

I will be on as well so if you need anything just hollar.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Yeah I will leave it at home, and the kids live on the computer so there won't be any problems having them post for me.

I bought a gateway I talked to the people at best buy and they said for what I do it was good, it was one of the low priced ones 700 ofcourse once they got the insurace etc it was a few hundred more. But I don't care, its on the credit card...and I think it will keep my sanity through recovery..especially when the hubby is working and kids at school.

pooh lady I wish you continued sucess.

I know my days are getting close, I've been cleaning etc when I have the energy, that nap helped me usually I am miserable at night, but tonight I have been doing alot. Just really starting to prepare.

So how are you able to use thelap top in bed laying down, I took in the bedroom tonight but was still sitting up with pillows propped behind me.

I think I still need to get that body pillow you guys recommended.

Talk to you in the morning with my pot of coffee..I guess I'll only have a few more mornings of that since it makes me pee so much.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I actually rest my lap top on my bent legs. Pulling up my legs has actually been very comfortable. My hubby also purchased one of the folding lap trays. I put it on its side to use to support the laptop.

Take care sweetie. It's almost your day!!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Okay now today really is seven lol - Hey Diet you lost me there...I didn't understand do you have the laptop resting on your belly with your knees bent?

Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]vette,
One more day gone. I have been cleaning up my cheerleading skirt to put on to cheer you on...you will get better fast because I can't wear that darn thing for too long, it's getting so tight. I just keep thinking if I was to wear one I could do splits and cartwheels. I never could before, but it's worth a try?

Make sure you have slippers that fit well with rubber feet or treading so you don't slip.

I made a list of phone number of folks that my hubby needed to call. it make life easier for him, and it also gave me something to do.

I also made a list of things that happen routinely at home that he was totally UNAWARE of. You know, trash, recycling. purchasing dog food,.

The best one was paying bills. It was the first time in 31 years of marriage that he paid bills. Trust me, it was worth the pain just to watch that. And I must say, I have not asked to take that back.

Hang on, I took my favorite teddy with me...my security bear. MY youngest son had it made for me..and she has goen for the surgeries and the accupuncture.

I am praying for you.......
Jill[/COLOR]

Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Yvette
I know you are getting ready. Pepper is right you won't be able to use the computer but maybe minutes. The brain really is affected by all the meds.

You will feel like a truck hit you. I really think for me the recovery is harder now that I am home. I also try to prop up my knees but it is kinda hard. I think Pepper is amazing as she figured all the computer stuff out right away.

My time up is very short.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Hi Yvette,
Getting closer! You'll be so glad to be on the other side! Hang in there and keep busy this week. You're gonna do fine!

After my surgery, I laid with a couple of pillows under my knees and another one on my stomach to put the laptop on. That brought it up high enough to see, since I couldn't be propped up. I had two pillows under my head, but my back was completely flat, not propped up at all. Worked for me.

Blessings,
Emily

Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Yvette
How many days now 7 is it. Take this time to make sure you have everything easy to reach. I did not think about this before but some of the simple things are really hard afterwards.

Take some time a re-read Peppers post. She did a great job of explaining everything. Don't forget about the palm trees and pina colodas.

You will do great and I will be there holding your hand. Try not to be stubborn after and let the nurses wait on you. Tell them if you are uncomfortable. They have many different meds they can use.

Don't suffer needlessly like I did they will call the Dr if they have to.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Yes one week from today I will be recovering at this same time. Wow, almost unbelievalbe after the rescheduling the first go round, I think its starting to really sink in again. I was thinking maybe I should re-arrange the bedroom where I can get to stuff easier without needing people as much..maybe my hubby won't throw to much of a fit about that. I just think if I had the long dresser parallel with the bed it would give alot of space for stuff I could reach with the grabber...or maybe I just have to much time to think about it lol. I will re-read the posts though.

Have you figured out the diet way of using the laptop in bed laying down or are you sitting up when you post?

Sorry I know I am questing you to death here.

I really really really don't know what I would do without you guys.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
Yvette on the 8th ? I have to be at my doctor's on the 8th (next week)
Hope I get to talk to you that day before I leave... We'll talk about it Monday , I have to go ,kids want me..

Have a great weekend folks [/COLOR]

Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I go in Friday which is the ninth!!!

Closed Thread