It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User
Unhappy Ortho appointment today

Well, in just a short two hours, I will be seeing the surgeon who did my fusion at L4-5 about the new MRI showing the stenosis at L 2-3, 3-4 and L5-S1, and the foraminal stenosis. This should be interesting since I have since lost control of my bladder three times since that MRI, and from what he has said to my physiatrist, he doesn't believe the new MRI is "accurate".
I guess the machine just made the pictures up in it's computer brain
Anyway, the physiatrist is coming into the appointment with me, so there will be someone in my corner, who has been seeing me consistently throughout this last year ( I am less than one month away from 1 year post op).
We tried to switch me over to methadone, and it made me very , very tired, which does not work with small kids in the house, but anyway, wish me well if you are so inclined.
Otherwise, I may have to beat him with my cane today. Oh, and the physiatrist signed off on a handicapped license plate for me.........a permanent one......doesn't that make me feel good about the prognosis for me.......????
Sandi

Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Ortho appointment today

[COLOR="Navy"]Sandi,

If it makes you feel any better, the permanent one is only good for 7 years....does that help? LOL. I know, I couldn't decide if I was thankful to have it, or really depressed by what it means.

SO, I decided that when I need it, I'm thankful to have it and use it. Days that I am feeling better, I park out with the "normal" folks and walk in.

Keep your chin up! We're pulling for you...

Jill[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Sandi -- you are in my prayers today and I pray that your appointment goes smoothly. I am very impressed that the physiatrist is coming into the appointment with you. Do you need to borrow my boxing gloves for the afternoon??

Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Do you need to bring in your whole squad of us? Seriously I am glad you have someone going in with you who is knowledgeable with your case. Wishing you the best...vette

Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User

Thanks Jill. Since most of the time I have a very difficult time walking across a large space in the parking lots, it 's a good thing but here we can get temporary disability tags and there was always some hope that after the 6 months were up, I wouldn't need it anymore.......so goes that I guess.
Sandi

Old 03-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User
Talking Re: Ortho appointment today

[QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;2832014]Sandi -- you are in my prayers today and I pray that your appointment goes smoothly. I am very impressed that the physiatrist is coming into the appointment with you. Do you need to borrow my boxing gloves for the afternoon??[/QUOTE]

LOL, well I brought my cane with me just in case. The end result was that he suspected cauda equina so I got sent for a new MRI immediately. They read it, and it's not , at least not yet.......so now, I have to call him on Monday and find out what his new plan is. He sounded rather stressed about the whole thing, but he can just join me right there with it as well.

My head is spinning with all of the numbness, the pain, and the lack of answers. so, Monday it is......

Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User

[QUOTE=yvette777;2832998]Do you need to bring in your whole squad of us? Seriously I am glad you have someone going in with you who is knowledgeable with your case. Wishing you the best...vette[/QUOTE]

Thanks Yvette. I love my physiatrist, he's a great guy, not just a doctor but he really cares. And that he was even willing to come with me was reassuring. He's been dealing with me since my fusion and he's a great advocate for his patients.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Well it sounds like you got your ortho attention, now hopefully the puzzle can be solved.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

It sounds like your at the end of the wait and find out game. That in itself is good news!!!! I think I'd be sending that phsyiastirist (sp) something special. So many doctors etc today loose sight of the reason they started int he first place.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User

Thanks 123DDR and Yvette,
I am still worried. Someone sent me the site for CES, and it would appear that I have almost every single indication except for the MRI results....so, anyway, I will call him tomorrow and see what he has to say. I don't like it, whatever is going on, I just don't like it.
Sandi

Closed Thread