It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

jen1981 HB User
Smile to anyone having a bad back day....

I am thinking about u.

I am so happy to have found this message board... everyone is so WONDERFUL. Saying things my husband/parents/friends and certainly doctors just don't get.

I am all perky... just happen to be having a good day. I hope you all are hangin' in there too. I hate to think how I feel on my worst day... and there's people on this board in such worse shape. Breaks my heart. Hugs and prayers all around

Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
(male)

Porter107 HB User
Re: to anyone having a bad back day....

Thanks Jen for those kind words. It really is a wonderful board. I was really lucky to find it when I did. I cant believe how many folks are out there going through the same type of problem and pain I am. Its a great place for support, understanding and advice that we just cant seem to find anywhere else. My family tries to understand, but they just cant unless they have been there. Friends? HA! Most dont even try to understand, they seem to equate chronic back pain with a common back ache not realizing the huge difference. I had my 2 level fusion 7 weeks ago and eveyone seems to think I should be running a marathon or something. I still have a lot of pain in my left leg that keeps me awake a night and now I cant seem to get my surgeon to understand how much it hurts. Anyway I am starting to rant. Again thanks for post, it was nice reading something positive today, especially when this day has been so negative. Good luck to you Jen and I hope that your pain is soon eliminated.

Porter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
(female)

Eileen123 HB User

SORY I MUST USE ALL CAPS. PORTER, I FIND MYSELF AGREEING WITH YOUR POST. PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T BEEN THROUGH OUR KIND OF PROBLEMS JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND. AND, I HAVE FOUND, SOME PEOPLE REALLY DON'T EVEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND. I HAVE BEEN IN PAIN FOR 18 YEARS. I HAVE WRESTLED WITH DOCTORS, H.M.O'S, AND S.S.I. NEVER DID GET HELP, UNTIL NOW. I HAVE A NEW INSURANCE COMPANY, AND THEY ARE GOING TO ALLOW ME TO GO TO A PAIN CLINIC. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. THANKS FOR YOUR POST. YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS, AND PRAYERS.[QUOTE=Porter107;2833426]Thanks Jen for those kind words. It really is a wonderful board. I was really lucky to find it when I did. I cant believe how many folks are out there going through the same type of problem and pain I am. Its a great place for support, understanding and advice that we just cant seem to find anywhere else. My family tries to understand, but they just cant unless they have been there. Friends? HA! Most dont even try to understand, they seem to equate chronic back pain with a common back ache not realizing the huge difference. I had my 2 level fusion 7 weeks ago and eveyone seems to think I should be running a marathon or something. I still have a lot of pain in my left leg that keeps me awake a night and now I cant seem to get my surgeon to understand how much it hurts. Anyway I am starting to rant. Again thanks for post, it was nice reading something positive today, especially when this day has been so negative. Good luck to you Jen and I hope that your pain is soon eliminated.

Porter[/QUOTE]

Old 03-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Jen,
So happy that you are having a good day. Yes, it is like a gift..
This board is so great, everyone really understands what we say, what we are experiencing...and the advice is so good. Hope that your day continues to be a good one..

Sage

Old 03-03-2007, 03:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

What a blessing to have a good day!! Sometimes for us chronic back suffers these days are a rarity. Just take it easy and don't overdo or you will feel it tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

It can sometimes be challenging to try to have a good day when in so much pain. I know my pain will get better today as I am on my first vicodins and pot of coffee They work so well together.

I truly feel sorry for the people going through these things without this community...home. I can't imagine. The wealth of knowledge, understanding, compassion and love is unexplainable. I use to be scared, mad, confused, and depressed and its all turned around for me..

Now I feel informed, not alone...many friends WHO DO UNDERSTAND, who dont have reasons to not come see me and optimisitic...

God I love you guys. When my hubby said, they aren't your real friends..I looked at him like WHAT????????????????????? YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

love you buddys...and have a great pain free fun day!!

Closed Thread