It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
(female)

terrapea HB User
Am I crazy?

I am new to these boards but have enjoyed reading your posts. I have been looking for someone else that has a similar problem as mine. I sleep well in my recliner (don't laugh) but not in a bed, floor, or couch. I have no back pain when I wake up in my recliner but sometimes long to lie flat between cool crisp sheets but then I pay for it. I wake up and cannot move. My back is so sore and stiff I can barely get up. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2007, 05:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Am I crazy?

Welcome to the board!! First off, your not crazy. Many a back suffers sleep in their recliners.

Have you had a spinal workup? MRI/CT Scan? If not, I would think that would be your next step. You can begin by your GP, spinal surgeon or neurologist.

Good luck and I am pulling for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi Terrapea

When i first had a herniated disc 2 yrs ago i stayed in a recliner for 9 months.
I couldnt sleep in bed at all an still have problems now!

So if you think you are crazy then i am too!!

I have lower back an buttock pain an when i do go to bed an get up in the morning i am really lob sided an it takes a while for me to straighten up.

Best wishes

Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
(female)

Huggles HB User

I am another one with the same problem. I can sit comfortably in a recliner but bed is something else! I have a burning pain between my shoulder blades and I am taking Naproxen for it (I think you call it Aleve). Coming back to the vertical is painful...as is prolonged leaning forward. We live in the outback...so there is no close medical assistance. I have noticed it feels better after a hot shower. I have had this for 10 days and I am rapidly losing my sense of humour.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I think we all find whatever works....thats not crazy

Old 03-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]

Hi and welcome to the boards ,
I'd have to say that were all a little crazzy

I found sleeping in my recliner felt better on me to, I called and got a hospital bed that I could recline , so I got between the sheet's [/B][/COLOR]

Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
(male)

painful paul HB User

Is this the back pain forum or the psycho ward???

I had the same problem but had no recliner... had to sleep on the floor. Have any of you tried the tempurpeadic bed. I have one. It did not fix my pain, but definately helped. I got a cheaper knock off one from ****. I cant tell any difference with my moms "real" tempurpeadic and mine. I suggest laying down on one in a bed store for about 5-10 minutes.

Sorry if I sound like a salesman, but it really helped me.

Good luck,
Paul

Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

babs17 HB Userbabs17 HB User

Yes...you are prob. crazy....Just kidding.

Recline Baby!!!....Recline!

C4-C7 Herniations
T5-T10 Herniations
L3-S1 Herniations
Thoracic Fusion via Thoracotomy 10/06

Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
(female)

terrapea HB User

[QUOTE=shawley;2837292][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]

Hi and welcome to the boards ,
I'd have to say that were all a little crazzy

I found sleeping in my recliner felt better on me to, I called and got a hospital bed that I could recline , so I got between the sheet's [/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Thanks for the note! When my recliner wears out, I'll look into a hospital bed but I can't wrap my mind around that yet. But thanks for your reply

Old 04-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

You are not crazy at all. I slept in a recliner for almost two years. That was after buying a brand new mattress. I was still in pain in the recliner but it was much less. After surgery I rented a hospital bed for two months. Then I tried to sleep in my bed and no go. I tried a few times. I get a few hours sleep and then wake up in horrible pain. It feels like someone hit me in the back with a hammer. So I spent a lot of money I didn't really have and got an adjustable bed. It is much better but believe it or not I still wake up in pain some days. If I lay on my back all night in the adjustable bed no problems. But now I am starting to roll on my side or stomach and that is what is killing me. You would think I couldn't with the feet and head raised. My husband said I had my legs bent and crossed in my sleep the other night. I use to sleep like that years ago before surgery. Probably why I've been in horrible pain the past few days. My son sleeps exactly the same way. I tried to get reimbursed at least out of network but they held the claim for 6 months and now denied it when I questioned it. They say not covered. I'll appeal. I had to get a dual king so my husband and I each have our own twin bed pushed together. We each have our own controls. It costs $3999.00. I figured it was money well spent if it helps.

Closed Thread