It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

angelahprice HB User
pain is back after 9 months

I had a disc in my lower back removed in June 06. Everything has been going well I even went back to work. Understand my job is seasonal and I only work 4months out of the year and I finished up the 2nd week of Feb. And then in the last two weeks I have began to feel pressure and a dull ache with the numbness coming back in my left leg. I also noticed that my left leg is swollen somewhat. Still undecided if I'm going to have surgery on my neck for herniated disc. Has anyone else had reoccurence after surgery of this type of pain. And what did Dr say.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: pain is back after 9 months

Yep.. I've had some return of sciatica back on my right side once again. It was gone immediately following surgery last april and began to return on Halloween with more intense PT. Both PT and doc thought failed fusion.. but CT Scan shows fully fused. I just had a new MRI done Sunday morning and will call tomorrow and schedule follow up with spine surgeon to get his thoughts. If the MRI doesnt show us enough.. he will order a CT Mylegram and go from there.

I woke from the fusion surgery with numb left side. It improved greatly but still have residual numbness on left side, outer calf is pretty numb, ankle is a little numb and very minorly weak, and first two toes are numb. The surgeon that did my surgery and this new spine surgeon, both told me to expect that to be permanent. I can live with this.. but the sciatica has me worried and while it is no where near close to the level I had before the surgery.. it can get pretty flared to it at times.

I will post when I know more about my issues.

You really need to not try and self diagnose and let your doc check you out to see if something new is going on.

Let us know how you are doing. I hope it's minor.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
(female)

Lynne720 HB User
Re: pain is back after 9 months

My boyfriend had his revision surgery on 9/26/06 and now he complains of sciatic pain worse than before surgery. His CT scan shows fusion and no scar tissue mentioned around the sciatic nerve. His surgeon and PM doctors think its his hips that are causing the pain because he has torn cartilidge in both. I just made an appointment for him to see a neurosurgeon in 2 weeks for another opinion because I can stand to see him suffer like this anymore. Wish us luck please.

Thanks,
Lynne

Closed Thread