It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

DawnH3868 HB User
Unhappy Help Weird Pain

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ugh I am so bummed out. I was doing so good from the cervical spine fusion and bam out of no where comes this awful pain down my arm. I know it has something to do with the nerves and I am really scared. The pain is horrible and the only way to describe it is, like someone shoving hot jolts of electricity down my arm. There are times that I can't even lift the arm because the pain is so bad. It comes in waves and I don't have to do anything to make it happen. Now if I am sitting down and don't move at all there isn't any pain. I have weakness in the arm and sometimes the arm goes numb. I called my NS last week because I'm having problems sleeping and I also mentioned this to him and he said to give it a couple of weeks before we start worrying. Hello what the heck does that mean? I'm in pain here and something isn't right. The screwed up thing about this is that I no longer have health insurance, so I am worried if I have to have an MRI or go back in for surgery how am I going to pay for this? Can anyone tell me what might be going on with the arm? [/FONT]

Old 03-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
(male)

painful paul HB User
Re: Help Weird Pain

Dawn,

Sorry to hear of your severe pain.

I assume you had fusion in the neighborhood of c1 to c6? I had the same weird pain in my right arm years ago. It was not a back problem. They did an EMG. Its a shocking test that measures conductivity in nerve in your arms. Its pretty cheap... done at a regular doctors office.

This can prove that its not a pinched nerve or something. And that it is infact nerve root impingement caused by the fusion. It could be just by chance you happened to pinch the nerve and had a fusion within a close time frame.

By coincidence I am here for back problems but had the same weird pain. The doc said that I probably slept wrong and that my nerve in my shoulder was pinched for a while. This caused it to be shaped like a football instead of round. He said leave it alone for about 3 weeks and it will go away.

I did not beleive him and went out of his office in fury! It seemed like total bull. But he was right. It went away, suddenly, after about three weeks.

Hope this helps! Or at least provide hope that its not in your back.

Paul

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

DawnH3868 HB User
Re: Help Weird Pain

Thanks for the post and I hope your right. Everything else was going prefect till this. I was fused at C3-5 and C4-5.

Closed Thread