It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Roy 47 can you share your story?

I read on another thread about your experience since fusion. I didn't want to hi-jack that post. Alot of us are facing this surgery and I wondered if you could tell your story...as you probably know...this will help so many of us.

It sounded like you are doing awesome...please please tell me...

Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User
Re: Roy 47 can you share your story?

Yvette,

I will give you all the readers digest version:

In 2000 I hurt my back while in the Army and went to the doc he sent me for an MRI and then to a chiropractor. He did his majic and things went well tll about spring of 2004. Upon the retirement physical I was found to be pre - diabietic. About 2 years ago my legs went numb then my thigs and then it started going up into my lower back. When this first happened I thought that perhaps it was a diabetic thing I went to the doctors on Base and he did not fool around and referrred me out to a Doctor of my choice.

The first doctor said surgery, but lets try injections first or get another opinioin. The next nuero- surgeon said me reer you to a pain specalist / anestologist. I said okay and went to her she said let me refer you t physical thepary and things were going well for a while. She then told me that she wanted to do injections and to see if this would help in relief. This made things a million times worse and told the therapist that I was done....

Back to the pain doctor and told her that the pain was almost unbarable.
She sent me back to the nuero surgeon and he said lets do a myelogram.
I said okay and that was an "Attempted" He told me later that day that for some reason he tohought that I had no spinal fluid as they could not draw any. He told me that perhaps I needed someone else that he would try to figure this out in the mean time. At that point I found a Spine Specalsit and it was all solved at that appt. They radiologist missed the "STICK TWICE" and the spine specalist showed me the whole deal. He also showed me the MRI'S and said that he could not believe it. HE offered surgery and I said great. This process took over 2 years for the most part.

The surgery was on the 12th of Feb. 07. The surgery went so well that I walked a short distance the day of the surgery. Then that night I got very, very, very sick and started throwing up blood. I am sure that the nurses were very worried. I got sick 3 times that night. They took me off celeberex and that was the end of being sick. I was out on the morning of day 4 and things have just been getting better since then.

My legs do not hurt much at all, the left is alot weaker than the right leg it seems. IT was the sore side of the body throughout the whole ordeal.

I am sore in the front where the incision is and things are ALL a little sore for the most part in the front. From the posts that I have read this is very common.

The surgery has caused me to be diabetic and I poke my finger 4 times a day. My blood sugur ranges from 75 to 150 for the highs and extreme lows. It is usually around 120 or so.

One question that I need to ask him when One of my meds run out or the 27th of this month which ever comes first. HE gave me no refills. HE said as you run out call me and I can find out what you need and how well you are doing...

When I called the nurse for more meds she said to just do a little more each day...

So that is pretty much my story from start to the point where it is now...

Roy 47

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread