It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

cowboys wife HB User
Angry Mylogram shows graft material leaked from between vertebrae

Well, it is the day after my mylogram and I was stunned to find out what was causing my continued back and leg pain. The neuro-radiologist showed me the films after the procedure and it would have been obvious to even someone who doesn't read xrays. The graft material that was used for my fusion somehow leaked out on the left side and ran down the spine and has fused to the bone compressing the nerve. Somehow it leaked out even though the vertebrae were held together with 4 srews and 2 plates. (To explain it better, its kind of like imagining having a sandwich and when you press the 2 pieces of bread together it comes out of one side.) This graft material was unable to be seen on any previous MRI's or xrays. I am not sure what they will be able to do about this. The radiologist will send the info to my neurosurgeon who I have an appointment with on Tuesday, March 13. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Please let me know if you have.
Will keep everyone informed.

Cowboys wife

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: Mylogram shows graft material leaked from between vertebrae

Wow.. very interesting find. No, I have not heard of that happening before and will be very interested to hear what the neuro has to say and what can be done about it.

hang in there.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 04:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Lifting you up in prayer and I pray that you find an answer soon.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
(female)

deec77 HB User

cowboys wife-

Actually I had a very simular situitation after my fusion at s1/l5. I started to have problems 3 months after the first surgery. The BMP excelerated the bone growth to much and had bone spurs regrowing. They went back in and removed 2 screws cleaned it out and then put 2 new screws in. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear.

~Dee~

Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
(female)

cowboys wife HB User
Smile Re: Mylogram shows graft material leaked from between vertebrae

Thank you all for the support and prayers. I will keep you informed of what the doctor has to say after my appointment on Tuesday. I look forward to the day that I will be pain free. God's blessing for each one of you and maybe one day we will be talking about something other than our pain.

cowboys wife

Closed Thread