It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Bad pain in legs

Hi you all! Man these past couple of days have been pure torture for me. My leg pain is in overdrive. i mean I cant sit, get up, walk or move without it reminding me it is still there. I mean it is intense burning and almost unbearable, with pain from my left buttock to my ankle and numbness of my toes. I have left several messages with my doctor and no return call. maybe she is tired of me. She did wean me off the neurontin and started me on lyrica last week and i have no results. i have a 2nd opion with a spine surgeon on the 26th and i cant wait to see him. Its sad because I am totally miserable.
Rachel

Old 03-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Bad pain in legs

Rachel - Hugs! I am so sorry you are suffering from leg pain. I had alot of leg pain prior to my fusion and it stinks. Have your tried Bengay on them or a heating pad, or taking hot baths?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hi diet, you are so sweet! How are you doing? I hope you are feeling ok, I have been keeping up with your recovery and i am happy to know you are healing well. But I have not tried bengay, i did not know you can use that, I will give it a try. Thanks for the advice
Rachel

Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Rachel
I am sorry you are having such a time. I also had leg pain before my surgery. Heat and hot baths helped me. The pain can get so intense that it seems like nothing will help. Hope your Dr. calls back soon. You may want to go to the ER if the pain gets real bad.

Good luck I will keep you in my prayers.
Sandy

Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Hi Rachel.. time to call your doctor and WHINE WHINE WHINE! Ask to speak with his/her PA there or there nurse if they don't have a PA. Let them know you have called several times with no return call to date and you now need immediate assistance. Tell them your pain is UNBEARABLE! The Lyrica is not working at all! Sometimes you MUST be the Squeaky wheel to get your point made.

During that call, I would suggest you ask if you can RETURN to taking the Neurontin, or increase the Lyrica, or SOMETHING. Tell them they have to do something! That will hopefully light a fire under them, and lighten your fire in your legs.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

alice77 HB User

Hi Rachel,

So hope that you get sorted real soon (not just painkillers but something permanent!)...good luck with the surgeon appointment. When is your next injection? I remember you said March sometime but whenever it is, hopefully it'll be enough to carry you through til your surgery if you have it.

Hang in there,
Alice

Old 03-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Hi KKMOM,

I'm so sorry that you are having such bad leg pain. Nerve pain has got to be the worst!!! Before I had my discectomy last week my dh had to take me to the er for a shot of morphine because it was so bad that I was starting to hyper-ventelate so I definately have sympathy for your tourture. Don't hesitate to go to the er if it is that bad, there is no reason in the world to suffer like that! I hope you are feeling better soon. Usta

Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I am also taking cymbalta for nerve pain and chronic pain...just thought I'd throw that out there, its an anti-deppresant that's suppose to be for our situations.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Thanks you guys, what would I do without you all. I did go to the er today and posted my experience in another thread. Alice, my esi is on the 27th, did you have your second one yet? Let me know how it is.
Rachel

Old 03-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
(male)

Dnunan28 HB User

Sorry for your pain...

I have had the leg pain too, I have been seeing a Massage Therapist 1-2 times a week and she is able to get in and work on the most painfull areas starting at the back and ending at the most painful spot, followed by some heat and a great pain relieving gel called Bio-Freeze. This combo has been a great help in my leg, it takes the major burning pain away for a few days, its still there, but definately not as bad and makes walking easier

Hope it helps,

Aaron

Closed Thread