It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
(male)

keithdavies78 HB User
Back Pain ONLY when sleeping down.

I have for the last two months had no trouble getting to sleep at night but after between 4-5 hours sleep i awake with pain across all of my middle back spreading round my ribs to my chest. It is quite severe so the only option I have is to get up for half an hour and let it subside or even just sitting up is sufficient. I then attempt another couple of hours before the same thing happens. Throughout the day I am fine so it seems this pain is only brought on from actually lying down, in other words, when my back is horizontal. I have been to see an osteopath who doesnt seem to be able to shed any light on the matter. I have even bought a memory mattress which although has been a recent purchase doesnt seem to be helping either. has anyone got any suggestions as I am at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks, Keith

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Re: Back Pain ONLY when sleeping down.

Well the only suggestions I can think of you could try is, sleeping with pillows under your knees if you sleep on your back. If you sleep on your side put a pillow between your legs. Hope one of those help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 AM   #3
(male)

keithdavies78 HB User

Thanks Yvette I shall try that out. I will try anything!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

That is what has helped me with lower back pain....I don't know anything else.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User

Keith,

Have you been checked out to determine if anything else is going on. Don't assume that the pain you are having is due to a back problem. Just make sure you get the cause checked out before you try to start figuring out a cure.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I agree I would definitely seek medical attention if this pain is waking you up in the middle of the night -- something is going on.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
(female)

smurf163 HB User

Hey Keith~

I've been dealing with the same thing for about a year now. The pain is so severe it wakes me up (heavy sleeper) about 3a almost every morning (but is fine once I get up). It doesn't happen every night, but just about. I have been told it could be GERD or acid reflux. I know it sounds crazy that acid reflux could be causing the pain, but I have posted on acid reflux thread today as I've had upper chest x-rays, spinal x-rays and been to the chiropractor and nothing was working. Someone already replied saying they have also experienced severe back pain as well from GERD and IBS.
Hope that helps....If you find out anything let me know, I'm in the same boat as you are and I hope we both get a good nights sleep sometime soon....

Closed Thread