It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Can everyone tell their Positive Fusion Story

I think this would be a wonderful thread, and maybe hopefully a sticky at the top. As we all know when being faced with fusion, there are so many bad storys. And the people who have sucess go on with their lives after healing. So maybe if we can write sucess stories here, it can help people in the future, when they are faced with this decision. I am looking forward to writing one of my own...but my surgery isn't for another day

Last edited by yvette777; 03-08-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

jennp199 HB User
Re: Can everyone tell their Positive Fusion Story

I had a PLIF L5-S1 on Jan. 4, 2007 nine weeks ago and think I am definetly a success story. I returned to work part time at five weeks and full time at seven and have been getting better every day. I suffered for years and put surgery off until I couldn't stand the pain any longer. If I had known how much better I would be I would have had the surgery years earlier. The recovery was hard and I still have to be very careful but most of my pain is now gone.
Hope to see a lot of positive posts here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

sbbo97 HB User

I had surgery December 2005 after a bad fall. I had 2 levels fused with donor bone: C4/C5 & C5/C6.

After the surgery, I never did experience a hoarse voice, sore throat or any incision pain whatsoever. The only pain I was left with was the horrendous nerve pain down my left arm which I had hoped would miraculously disappear after the surgery. I am quite pleased that it did subside after a few weeks and now the I only have a little itchy/tingling remaining that only is a minor annoyance.

I was back at work WAY earlier than I should have been, though, yet to this day haven't felt anything wrong with my neck. I love my surgeon, he was awesome!

My husband had a single level ACDF as well in Jan 2005 (same surgeon) and he didn't have any problems at all and has never looked back.

So there's my happy cervical fusion story.

Now I just need to get my lumbar spine in order.

sbbo97

Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
(female)

sheri42 HB User

Hello,
Had L4-S1 fused for grade 2 spondy. Waited 10 years from diagnoses and it has been 1 yr since surgery. I am 85% better until I flare up. A flare up for me is pain going down my leg and tailbone pain. My incission site will spasm. I do have permanent sympethetic nerve damage due to over stretching in surgery and have lost temperature control in my left leg/foot. all in all, I am better. I dont have chronic daily pain of my bones grinding. I will never be 100% pain free but I am better than before.
Sheri

Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I have one!! In 1982, I had a plf on s1/s2 for a transitional vertebrae. All was fine and dandy until 2003 when I had the dominio effect come into play along with spinal stenosis and bone spurs. Currently 5 weeks out recovering from a plf with hardware on L5/S1. So far, this looks promising as well.

Last edited by ms_west; 03-08-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="3"]
I can honestly say now that my L4-L5 has fused.

Hope everyone has sucess with there fusion.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Closed Thread