It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Shawley

Did you get your thing-a-magiggy yesterday...my brain can't find the word here..duhhhh!!!

I hope you are doing ok buddy, I can bring you a pina colada today atleast!!! Please let me know how you are doing so I dont have to worry about you while I am in the hospital okay buddy.

I will check in later. vette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Shawley

Vette - He has an appt today with the neurosurgeon and a new pm doctor. He is supposed to find out about the implant today.

He wanted me to let you know that if he does not get back on today that you and your surgeon are in his thoughts and prayers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Ladies,

I hope he gets good news. He has been in the dumps lately....

Yvette, angels are protecting you! be safe, enjoy those little pills they give you before you go into.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... [/COLOR]

Old 03-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I know he has!! I have been praying several times a day for him. You know we could all use prayers.......this back stuff can be discouraging at times. I hope that by the end of summer we all will be at the beach drinking those coladas together.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Well then shawley and I both have our days messed up...awh we are alike...ok shawley if I don't get to talk to you......then well I'll talk to you soon and hope all went well today. vette

Old 03-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]LOL.

It's not the days, it's the weeks that I'm missing. How can it be march...I'm still looking for Nov in hope that I can really decorate the house....sigh.

I do hate the lack of energy that I have. I have the best intentions, but then I poop out . Twice a week it's therapy, then dinner -we are now at about 9pm when finished..if I get in the hot tub...there is no time. Working +40 a week doesn't help either I know....

OK don't whining. I prefer cheese with my whine thank you very much![/COLOR]

Old 03-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Okay Shawley, still thinking of ya buddy.....

Old 03-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

waiting patiently for an update from shawley. Sure hope everything went his way today.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Shawley I hope your appointment went ok today.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Navy"][B]
Awww , you guy's are to sweet..You don't know how happy it feel's to be thought of like this ,thanks.

My surgeon said I'm fused in front ,fused on the sides ,and have spotty fusing on the back of my spine , That was great new's ! The bad new's is there's somthing going on below my fusion that doesn't look good . He also said when I get the permanent implant he will remove my hardware , take a look at my L4-S1 and do what need's to be done if anything. I guess it's good new's in a way..I had to grab my surgeon and ask him please check out my films NOW while I'm here and explain it to me..He did and I'm glad because he seem's concerned about that level below for some reason???

The new PM doctor I talked to about the stimulator also feel's I could get some relief from it , but also warned me that it may only give me relief for a year maybe longer . But I think I'll let my primary PM doctor do it since he's a little closer to my home. My surgeon told me he'e doing the implant if the trial work's and does use the paddle leads.. I was stuck with a needle to check my nerves in my left foot and leg and couldn't feel it , now the right leg felt it pretty darn good . Told me I had some nerve damage and weakness in my leg & foot. Like I didn't already know that .

Anyway , thank's for caring and asking about me..Your all my favorite people in the cyber world . [/B][/COLOR]

Old 03-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley has fusion! Shawley has fusion!! Gosh darn it why couldn't he tell you that over the phone and save you from all this worrying? Ughhhhh!!

I am so happy for you, buddy!!

As terrible as this may sound, I am happy that your surgeon may have found the source of your pain. Sure nobody wants pain or for the surgeon to find anything else but at least you know the cause of your pain and he might be able to fix it. Right??

So have they implanted alot of these??? Is it typical that the implants only work for a year???

Shawley, I think overall you should be feeling better. Yes??

Last edited by ms_west; 03-09-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Navy"][B]
Pepper ,
YEA !!! But he told me this before. But I think he's right because on my MRI I can see it now. I had to go to Berwick anyway to see this new PM Dr. so I'm glad I was there to force feed my MRI/ CT's on him before I left.

My surgeon has done a few of these implant's , I truly trust my surgeon that he will do the best job possible for me. Pretty kool guy , he like's paintball war's, playing football , sky diving ect.. he's just like me, but has more Money.

What I meant to say about the length of the stim , it could only last a year /months or a couple years if it works. He explained how they do the proceedure and it's very interesting , they do it through the epidural needle, they feed a wire lead through it up to the T9(where ever that is) and turn it on till you get relief. Pretty amazine huh?

I have to have this stuff done ASAP because my oldest daughter is getting married on a Island in Maryland in June ,and I couldn't miss it..
So unless they plan on it soon I'll have to wait and suffer till after June , my surgeon alway's get's me in very quickly so I'm sure it will be soon.

Pepper I'm feeling a little better I guess, atleast I know there is somthing causing my pain and I'm not just a big ole sissy , the PM doctor ask if I was origanlly from the South ! Said I been born a Yank all my life. He said I had a southern Draw ?? I said it must be Hill Billy ,I live in a redneck area...

Glad your up and moving around , warming up today 38deg [/B][/COLOR]

Old 03-09-2007, 06:42 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

[COLOR="Navy"][LIST=1]
[SIZE="7"]GO SHAWLY, GO SHAWLEY!!!! SHAWLEY HAS FUSION!!!
[SIZE="2"] Now will you shape up and get ack to being you? Jeeesshhh. How can we feel sorry for ourselves when we are so worried about you?Cripes.[/SIZE][/LIST][/SIZE][/LIST][/COLOR]

Old 03-09-2007, 07:12 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[SIZE="3"]
Jill,
Thanks ,you had me chanting GO SHAWLEY to
[/SIZE]

Old 03-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Shawley
I am so happy for you that things are finally going your way. I sure hope the implant works well for you.

I am concerned about the level that may have problems but I agree with Pepper at least you got the answers that you need.

Congrats-it is worth all the pain and hard work.

Hope you have a wonderful week-end

Closed Thread