It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

Jungleland HB User
Unhappy Prayers please!

Hi all,

I am 4 1/2 weeks post microdiskectomy L4-5. For the past few days I have had major increased pain in my lower back and right leg numbness and right foot numbness. When NS office called to confirm by post-op appt for tomorrow I told the gal in his office what was going on. She immediately got him on the phone and he is very concerned. All my numbness had gone away right after surgery, I just had the sciatic nerve "zaps" and "grabs" in the right bottock and leg. Now I am back to dragging my right leg, not being able to feel my right foot and VERY bad lower back pain.

He got me in for an MRI for Monday morning and a follow up with him on Tuesday morning, but if something more happens, I am to head to the ER immediately.

Now I am scared to death that I might have done something to undo the work he did. Has anyone else experienced this? I am hardly able to walk again, pretty much only a few steps. NS wants me using the walker or wheelchair and NO driving or doing ANYTHING except taking my meds and resting.

Please, please say a few prayers that this is just a minor setback and I won't need to go back into surgery. NS wants home nursing here everyday till Monday and someone with me 24/7. I just called my hubby and he is freaking out. He is supposed to go out of town tomorrow for his uncle's funeral so now I am scrambling to find someone to come stay with me and help with the kids.

Vickie
Diskectomy in 1994 L4-5
Re-do emergency L4-5 diskectomy on 2/11/07

Last edited by Jungleland; 03-08-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Re: Prayers please!

Hi Jungle, I'll keep you in my prayers. I am sorry that you are having this setback. As hard as it is to do, give it up to God and try to relax. Freaking out and stressing just make your muscles tighten up and make the pain worse. Breath, relax and give it to Him. I pray that all will come out well for you. Usta

Old 03-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
(male)

picnica HB User

I am pulling for you. You will be in my prayers. I have had quite a few setbacks. Mon-Weds. I laid in bed didn't go to work. My leg had such bad cramps, I couldn't even lift my leg. I used crutches the whole time. I woke this morning and it was better. My doctor also ordered an MRI. I had it done yesterday. I am probably having a Nerve block tomorrow. But my doctor did explain that from all the damage in my nerves that this was a good chance to happen. It will pass as soon as the nerves are healed. Good luck to you.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Sending prayers your way!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Lifting you up in prayer Vickie! I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Take care of yourself first and everything else will fall into place.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
(female)

syrinx2112 HB User

I am so sorry you are going through this right now. I had a microdisectomy at that level too, 2 years ago. I am glad that your NS is having tests done, he/she sounds very thorough. I will be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way. Please let us know how you are doing. And please try not to stress it will not help in recovery.
Angie

Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
(female)

hurtie0607 HB User

Hi,
I am praying and sending positive energy your way for a end to your pain and a good outcome. I too had a micro-d. Mine was the day before Thanksgiving done on an emergency basis. I am now about 3-1/1 months post-op. Perhaps you are having just a set back. I know how easy it is to start stressing. It is true that your muscles will tighten and you will make yourself even more miserable. Even though the surgery is called a "micro" it is anything but that. It is a major procedure, and it takes a long time sometimes to to heal a badly compressed nerve.
I still have pain, and I have a gait disturbance. I did another MRI a couple of weeks ago because of the pain, and all looks good. However, the NS told me if I still have the buttock/thigh pain, he wants me to do a mylogram.
If you reherniated the pain is usually much worse than before. Hopefully you didn't do this.
Take it easy and be gentle with yourself. I wish you well -
God bless
Kay

Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
(female)

skyward HB User

Vicky,
I just found the site as well and just read your post. I hope that everything goes well for you. I am new to back or any kind of pain but just went through fusion surgery with my mother 82 years old 2 months ago. THere is hope she is doing wonderfully ( for her age) . There is hope and I am sure the prayers of all who read your story will help. Your spirit if not your back. Please know that scared is very much okay. Sending healing thoughts your way

Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hi I am saying a special prayer for you and I pray that everything is going to be okay for you.
Rachel

Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Hi Sweetheart - I am sending you lots of good thoughts and cyber hugs your way. I will also say a prayer for you. I hope this too shall just pass. Sorry you are in so much pain. I am holding your hand.

Rose

Old 03-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #11
(male)

DanSSwing HB User

Prayer away!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
(male)

webdude HB User

And my prayers are with you too..

There will be better days.. My buddy herniated, and healed, but then had a setback and was in pain after a year.. Well, it turned out that he had to go to PT and strengthen his core muscles and now is back to feeling better again.. Have you been doing your stretches and core strengthening? It is important to do them, once you are feeling a bit better, and never stop..

God Bless,

Maurizio

Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #13
(female)

Lynne720 HB User

Vickie, you are in my prayers. Please keep us posted. Sending you hugs.

Lynne

Old 03-10-2007, 05:01 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Praying for you and pray that you are finally getting some much needed help or maybe you are out soaking the sun on the beach drinking those colada's with all our back buddies.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
(female)

Jungleland HB User
Unhappy Re: Prayers please!

Diet,

A Colada sounds awesome about now!

I am really down today, now both legs have some numbess and the right is nearly useless again. I have had a terrible cold with a deep, ughy cough and that is NOT helping matters much at all.

I am going to stop posting for now, hit my limit for sitting about 5 minutes ago. Thank you to all who are responding and sending up some prayers.

I will let ya'll know what I find out from the MRI and doc appt on Tues.

Hugs and thanks,
Vickie
Diskectomy in 1994 L4-5
Re-do emergency L4-5 diskectomy on 2/11/07

Closed Thread