It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Went to er today

I just could not handle the pain anymore and i finally decided to go to er this morn. After i dropped my baby off to school i went straight to the er. They took me back pretty fast because I could not hardly walk and it was torture walking from the car to the door. Anyways, the doc came in and saw me and I could tell right off that she was snobby. She said what can I do for you and I told her my history and explained that the only reason I came in was because the pain was unbearable. She said I could give you morhine or dilaudid, but since I did not have a driver she said I could not get it. Instead she gave me toradol and solumedrol(steroid) in a IV, mind you it took the nurse a hour before he came to the room. I lay there crying in a room off in the coner with the door closed trying to be patient. Anyways once the nurse knew I worked for the same hospital he tried to be a little more attentive. The doc said she could not do anything for me, and I asked if [I]t is possible that I reinjured myself, she said possilbe but did not do any test and a sorry exam. She told me to go home and continue the meds I am on and see the spine surgeon as scheduled. So, now I have pain 5/10 not as bad as earlier, I can tolerate it at this moment. I guess I have to wait 2 weeks for the 2nd opinion, it seems so far away. Well, thanks for letting me vent. Luv u guys!
Rachel

Old 03-09-2007, 04:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Went to er today

KK - I am so sorry you did not receive more relief from you er visit and I pray that you find some relief soon.

Isn't toradol an anti-inflammatory or NSAID?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 04:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]
Youch ! Sorry for your pain..And you work at this hospital ? I hate to be a patient who doesn't work there !

Maybe you should get with your doctor and explain it to him.

Hope your pain level drop's more [/B][/COLOR]

Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Sorry for your pain! I hope it gets easier for you. I know what it is like to have doctors brush you off. Sending you a big cyber hug .

Rose

Old 03-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Rachel
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. I do understand the driver but they could have given you the option of calling someone to get you home.

Yes pepper toratol (sp) is an antiiflamatory or nsid. I was given that in the hospital for the first 3 days. I did not have a complete fusion. It is my understanding that if you have had a fusion NSIDs are a no no and interfer with bone growth. I also believe steriods interfer with the bone growth. Now I am not a Dr or nurse but I have done alot of research on this.

Rachel did you have a fusion?

Can you get your appointment any sooner? Two weeks is a long time if you don't feel well

Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

I would request an earlier appointment. Do you have anything to take at home to help with the pain? If not, could you go to your primary and ask for something just until your appointment? I hope you hear something before the weekend.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
(male)

crookedback HB User

KK... demand some drugs & get flat for a few days with the heatin pad & bug ur Doc to move up the appt. We all know this pain & it is not worht sufferin with it...

Take care & keep talkin... Dave!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

Just wondering how you are feeling? Please let me know.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Thank you guys soo much for being so caring. It is so funny I look to you all more than my family and friends, because you understand. I feel like I know each and everyone of you and in reality I dont, but I think of you all every day and am always praying you are doing good and pain free. Well, today started off good, I did not sleep last night though because of pain and my meds did not work. But I guess by this am the solumedrol must have started working and I felt pretty good. i went to pt today and had traction, prior to pt the pain was starting back and now it is almost full force. It is funny because now I am having a weird pain in my buttock, not the usually buttock pain but the kind that feels like it is inside the rectal area but deep(sorry to be so grafic) has anyone experienced this before? It hurts too sit and I am not sure if I need to worry.
Rachel

Old 03-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

I take demerol 100 mg for pain every 4 hours but it does not do anything. I have been on everything under the sun. I bet the doctors think I am crazy.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

KK - Demerol is some heavy medications and with the pain you are having. I would not wait to be seen. I would go up to the doctor's office and sit in his office saying you need to talk to the doctor or the nurse. Did I tell you my nickname is pushy momma!! I have a tendency to get the job done.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Pepper you are too much even though I am in pain you seem to make me laugh. It is ok to be pushy, sometimes I need that, I guess with me being a nurse I try to be nice and not so pushy, not one of those crazy patients. i guess i am too embarassed, but you are right. Thank you for the advice. I might have to go back to the er today, because i cant sit down.
Rachel

Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

KK - I am praying for you that you will find some relief soon! Please keep us posted.

Closed Thread