It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Hey everybody, Momma pepper...

I got my grabbers tonight. Wow, it sure makes getting dressed a lot easier. Thanks for the tip and the lectures He He. Picnica, thanks for the solorcane suggestion for the burning lower leg, it does help for a little while. I see pa on the 13th so I will ask for the lidocane patches. You never did say what surgery you had or how long you kept the siatica pain in your leg...My incisions loook really good, the smaller one that they sewed up on the inside looks great, the one with the staples looks a little scarey. How bad does it hurt when they take those out? Dh is mad at me, I told him that I want to get the lap band surgery so in loosing a lot of weight, maybe I will never have back trouble again. Some feed back would be appreciated on this one.. By the by, I agree with the moderator that said what he/she did about long threads and some msgs getting 1 or no answers, I was really discoraged at first and almost didn't come back to the boards after my first few posts. I'm glad I did though so I encourage you guys and gals to answer posts, I am really glad to have met those of you that have been responding to me, you all have been a really big help. You guys and gals are the best, I don't think I could have remained as calm as I did if I hadn't been able to hear from you all. Thanks bunches, ttultr, Usta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: Hey everybody, Momma pepper...

[QUOTE=ustalaughalot;2848986]the one with the staples looks a little scarey. How bad does it hurt when they take those out? [/QUOTE]

I'm glad you got the grabbers!

I was very leary when the nurse came in to take my staples out. I had had them for 6 weeks. I don't know why they waited so long. But I asked if she would numb me up or anything. She said most people don't need that. I was doubtful, to say the least! She said it's just like a little sting. HA! But then she plucked one out and I truly could barely feel it. I wouldn't even call it a sting. Really, no big deal at all! Definitely didn't need any numbing!

You'll do fine!

Blessings,
Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
(male)

picnica HB User

I had an Endoscopic discectomy. As far as the pain/burning in the leg. I am almost down to sleeping being the only problem. It may be 2-3 on the pain scale. I just had a sympathatic nerve block yesterday, mainly because my legs were at different temperatures. Now they are much closer. I think that my nerve is almost healed. I started on Tylenol today and will give it a try. I have been on OTC meds for 16 hours a day, for the last week. I hope I have weened enough 8 years is a long time with those meds.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

You never did say what surgery you had or how long you kept the siatica pain in your leg...

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]2-18-82 s1/s2 fusion for transitional verterbrae.

5-9-06 L5/s1 Laminectomy

2-1-07 L5/S1 Fusion with Hardware (Screws and Rods)[/COLOR][/B]

or how long you kept the siatica pain in your leg...

[COLOR="darkred"][B]I woke up from surgery with little or no sciatia pain. However, on and off during recovery I have had twinges far less than prior to surgery. These twinges are mostly in the right foot and in my toes. Also on and off severe leg cramping in both legs. My doctor told me to expect these pains and that I might have some permanent nerve damage prior to surgery because of the length of time I had sciatia pain.[/B][/COLOR]

staples looks a little scarey. How bad does it hurt when they take those out?

[COLOR="darkred"][B]I had mine taken out at Day 8 with no numbing and it did not hurt at all. In fact, my doctor let a doctor in training take them out on me for the first time. He gave her some tips so it would not sting. I think if they know what they are doing it should not hurt at all.[/B][/COLOR]

lap band surgery

[COLOR="darkred"][B]Unfotunately, I can't comment on this procedure. I know nothing about it.[/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by ms_west; 03-10-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Usta
I hope you are doing well. The grabbers are great things. I am not sure some times what I would have done without mine. I guess just leave stuff in the middle of the floor. Mine also has a magnet at the very tip. Found this out accidently while playing with my dog. The magnet attached to his collar. Funny he just looks at me like I am crazy.

Hope you are having a great start to the week-end. Good luck at your appointment. I also have a follow up on Tues.

Closed Thread