It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
We all have so much to offer each other

I for one am so glad to have found this board. When I found it I was researching my back issues and had done a ****** search. This came up so I explored. I read almost every single post taking me days. I was so amazed by the support here. I got brave to post and really did not get the answer I wanted but after thinking about everything I realized that everyone is different and everyone has something to offer.

I feel that everyone here understands how I feel about chronic pain and having to go thru all the procedures and tests. Not anyone in my circle of friends or family really understand. Some even frown on my having to take pain meds just to get thru a normal day. Everyone here understands that normal is quite different when you suffer from back pain.

I do always try to answer posts. Some I may not know much about but try to give a warm welcome as I was welcomed when I was knew. I also feel that friendships are based on 2 people having things in common. I feel alot of friendships are formed here.

Anyway I just want to encourage everyone to answer posts and welcome the new people. Without this outlet and all of you I may not be as far along mentally with the back issue as I am. Thank you to all of you. I am grateful and do not want to do anything to ruin this experience for anyone.

Wishing you a pain free day

Old 03-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: We all have so much to offer each other

I feel the same way and I would like to apologize if I have in anyway offended or hurt anyone in anyway by my posts. My intent was to simply share my story so others did not feel isolated and alone. I wanted to help those others facing similiar circumstances feel a little more at ease as they begin their fusion journey.

I love this board and am so thankful to have been blessed with it and would not want to do anything to jeopordize my continuing to post on it.

Thank you Healthboards for being here and making my back journey a little easier to live with. I don't know what I would do without my cyber friends who truly understand what it is like to live day after day in pain.

Last edited by ms_west; 03-10-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hi Clover, I totally agree with you. I was searching also and found this site by accident. Boy am I glad I did, everyone on here is wonderful and so supportive. In a world where others do not understand what we are going through we understand each other. I am so thankful that I was lead to this site and grateful to have you all. You all are a God send, God Bless you all. Many cyber hugs and much love.................
Rachel

Old 03-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
(male)

RM8251 HB User

Hi All,

We were all searching for something. Each person's search was a little different in the end we all found the answers and support we were looking for in one place. It's not everyday you find something that works, this place works on all levels.

For me all of you have made the whole ordeal bearable. Nothing is as dark as the unknow and each person here pulls back the curtain a little so that the light shines through for us all,

One day when someone ask where are all the success stories. Someone will say did you read Richard's thread !

Keep posting

Old 03-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Ditto Clover, I posted a similar response early this morning. It was really important to me when people started to respond to my posts. I almost gave up at first, guess people are shy about saying personal stuff on here, but what are the chances that we ever meet? Unfortunately that is almost sad, I would love to meet everyone that has helped me throuth my ordeal. I can say that I won't be joining Y'all on the beach until I can loose a lot of weight. I would hate to be confused with a beached whale. ( Not really that big but you know how us females are about weight issues) lol Here's to hoping that your are continuing to heal and feel better every day. Thanks so much for being there for me, that goes for all of the rest of you too. Let me know when you guys are going to meet on the beach and I'll have one here with you! Love you guys for all of the support!! ttultr, Usta

Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
(female)

bailey07 HB User

I also found this site when I was faced with my surgery and needed answers. Never would I have imagined there was a message board like this. I look forward everyday to checking this board and I know I will have support following my fusion on the 27th. We're drawn together by a bond that only we can understand. Until you have walked in our shoes, there's no way anyone can understand back pain. Thank you my new found friends.
Bailey 07 (Gerry)

Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User

Hi Clover and everyone,
I have been in a funk the last week or so, struggling like BG with bladder and bowel issues and waiting, waiting and waiting some more for some kind of answer.
I try to answer posts, but sometimes I don't know the answer or don't feel quite as knowledgeable as some of the others, so I don't, but I also know how it feels to be new and not have anyone answer you, so when I am here, I do try to at least welcome a newbie.
This journey for all of us , is different ( causes of back pain) but the same in trying to live our lives with it, and having those around us not really understand just how difficult it can be, having to take pain meds in order to be able to function even at a minimal level, hoping for some kind of answer that will help in getting our lives back.
I hope that I don't ever make anyone feel unwelcome. I would hate to think that I have.
Anyway, welcome to everyone, and if I can help, I will certainly try.
Sandi

Old 03-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
(female)

syrinx2112 HB User

Hi everyone,

I too am very thankful for this site. I wish I would have found it when I was going through my first bought of back issues 2 years ago. I check this board everyday, it is really helpful to know that there are people out there that are in chronic pain, having all sorts of tests, and procedures who really truly understand each other. Although, I don't have all the answers, I want to be able to be a positive person and help where I can. Thank you to those who have responded to my threads..and the threads to come. It makes it easier to deal with the pain and the unknown. Thanks again all my back angels.

Angie

Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 AM   #9
(female)

italiandachshund HB User

Hallo everybody, in Europe there's nothing like that, I don't write very often because of my english...but I read all your posts everyday, it has been such a support for me during these orrible months and three back surgeries in one year, I don't know how I could go through all this without your experiencies and suggestions, unfortunately I feel so far away... when I'm feeling blue..and depression catches me..I run to this board and find help...thanks to you all!!!

Closed Thread