It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Took a spill early this AM..

Good morning all,

I was up most of the night, couldn't sleep cause the nerve pain in the leg was quite bothersome. I've been asking dh to please try to keep his dirty clothes picked up off the floor for me since one, I can't pick them up for him right now and two so I don't stumble over them. Well, I stumbled over them, good thing is that the bed was right behind me when I went down so I had a soft landing. I landed squarley on my back so I don't think I hurt anything permanently. I really tensed up on the way down though so I am a bit more sore this am, pray that I didn't do any damage will ya? Thanks, Usta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
(male)

RM8251 HB User
Re: Took a spill early this AM..

Good grief !
Usta, I hope you are okay ! I'm sending out a bunch of "don't slip no more prayers" How long are you post -op ? It pains me to even think about falling.

To bring a little humor to the subject I was talking to my wife about falling and we thought "I've fallen and can't get up " commerical but we can't remember what product it was. I keep thinking "the clapper".

Just sent my "don't slip no more prayer"
Stand tall

Richard

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Thanks Richard,
I hope everything will be ok, it sure will make dh pick up his clothes. I think it really scared him. I thing the product for the commercial you remember was for the life alert??? Thanks again for the prayers, no more falling!!! Usta

Old 03-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Oh my!! I hope everything will be okay and if you continue to have severe pain, I would definitely follow up with your doctor on Monday if nothing else for some reassurance.

I guess this is probably why my doctor wants me to use that pain in the rear walker for things just like this.

Lifting you up in prayer.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
(female)

mlh11350 HB User

Praying everything just fine.
I know the feeling of being afraid all the time.
Mary

Old 03-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

oh usta my heart goes out to you. I know how under normal circumstances that fall would feel. I certainly wouldn't want to fall now after back surgery. Please if the pain continues call you Dr or go to the Er.

Sending hugs your way.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

I believe the fallen and can't get up is a Bud - wiser beer commerecial.

You know who the things that they have on tv ads are nothing but fun, fun, fun.

I am always telling the girls and the wife about keeping things picked up. It is so unfortunate for that to have happened. These things are avoidable for sure.

I agree with the other posts the doc on monday needs a call and let him know what happened..

Roy 47

Old 03-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

So sorry that you took a tumble. Glad to hear that you aren't too badly damaged. I bet your husband picks up his stuff from now on, he must have been so scared for you. Probably feels bad about you falling.

Sage

Old 03-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #9
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Richard, the post op period is two weeks this Monday. Thanks for the concern guys, I don't think I did anything serious, the muscles are just extra tight and in spasam which inturn makes the leg pain more prominant. I know it scared dh and I think he will pick his stuff up from now on, I think he used the word guilty though. I'll try not to be too hard on him lol. He has been helping me a lot through this trying spell. I will led MD know, and I will be taking some pain meds and vallium for spasam. Hopefully it will subside soon. By the way, around the staples there is a good sized knot surrounding it all around that is rock hard, it isn't red or oozing, would I be right in thinking that this is just swelling? The bruising is starting to fade. Thanks bunches you all! Will keep ya posted, Usta

Old 03-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Usta
Whew I am glad you are all right. I would ask the Dr about the knot. My swelling has not been quite that pernounsed however my incision is 7 inchs.

Glad you have some meds to take for the spasms.

I worried all day if you were ok.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Thanks Clover and everyone else, I am counting on it being ok, dinner is coming so pain meds soon to follow, ttu all later, thanks again for everytheing. Usta

Last edited by ustalaughalot; 03-10-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
(female)

Jungleland HB User

Yikes! I cannot even imagine falling right now. That has been my number 1 fear since surgery. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

My incision was closed with Dermabond (sp?). I am VERY allergic to stables and also to the Vicryll (sp?) suture that absorbs in your body. The Dermabond is like this super strong Super Glue that glues the skin together. I do have to say my incision looks ugly though! It's at least 8 inches long and one end has this "nipple" looking thing on it! UGH!!

Anyways, hoping you will be seeing your doc soon and they will say everything is A-Okay!!

Hugs,
Vickie
Diskectomy in 1994 L4-5
Re-do emergency L4-5 diskectomy on 2/11/07

Old 03-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #13
(male)

picnica HB User

I've fallen and can't get up was a commercial from a pendant that would notify the company and police/family. Can't remember the pendant company's name. Hope your feeling better..

Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Vickie
My incision also has durabond. I have the absorbing stitchs and durabond on top. Mine looks pretty good for being 2 weeks out. Itches to beat all heck though.

Just thought the durabond thing was interesting.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User

Dear Usta, I'm so sorry you fell! That would be very scary after surgery. I remember I fell after a knee surgery one time and took a towel rack down with me I will be sending good thoughts your way! Kera4

Closed Thread