It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User
radiofrequencing worn off-in SO much pain!

Hi everyone! I think I waited too long to reschedule my lumbar facet rhizotomy. The last two weeks I have been in SO much pain, and taking more Ultram than usual. Bless my Physiatrist, he fit me into his schedule this Thursday to re-do the procedure. I just feel so low down from the pain right now. I keep going in the bathroom to cry, so my kids don't see how I feel. My sacroiliac joints are really bad too-but my doctor won't re-inject them until two weeks after the rhizotomy. So, I think it will be a bad few weeks. I keep icing, and using the TENS machine, but the BURNING pain is still there
It is so frustrating! I am also taking a prednisone pack, but it doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for your support, any tips would be appreciated! Kera4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Re: radiofrequencing worn off-in SO much pain!

Kera
I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I had a rhizotomy done and when the nerves regenerated the pain was awful. I can certainly relate to how you are feeling. I actually had to go to the er because my pain got so out of control and my Dr was out of town.

I wish I could give you some advice on how to help but it sounds like you are doing all you can

You will be in my thoughts and prayers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I have never had radiofrequencing so I really can't comment on that but I can offer prayer that your pain will be relieved soon and to say that I am so sorry you are hurting so much.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
(male)

picnica HB User

Is your back burning or your legs/arms?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Kera,

So sorry that you are hurting so badly. Don't have any suggestions on how to help you, you seem to be doing it all. Just wanted to let you know that another person is praying that you can find some relief soon.

Sage

Old 03-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #6
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Hi Kera

I haven't had your procedure either but I think most of us on here understand nerve pain. I am sorry that you are suffering now, I will keep you in my prayers as well. Feel better soon... Usta

Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ala3 HB User

Hi Kera,
I really hope you will feel better soon. I always follow your posts because we seem to have similar back/ SI/ facets problems. My kids are young and they are used to me crying ,they don't make a big deal of it and I am glad, because sometimes it's impossible to hide or stop when you are in so much pain.Try to get some rest if you can.I will keep you in my prayers.
Alex

Old 03-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User

Thank you, everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate it! I have been able to rest more today, since my husband is home to help with the kids. My kids are helpful-they are ages 3, 5, 11 and 13. I do not have to lift any of them anymore, thankfully. I just have to hold out 5 more days, and then I can do the rhizotomy again. Thanks once again! Kera4

P.S. Picnica, it is burning all up and down my lower back/buttocks/groin. I do not have leg/arm pain. I have bad arthritis in my facet joints/sacroiliac joints.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

ala3 HB User

Hi Kera,
Yes, I did have radiofrequency done in my SI joints (I assume it's the same as rhizotomy). I had it done in November, I noticed a huge difference after about three weeks. For a couples of months I had a really bad muscles pain in piriformis but it's much better now. In my case it's really helping. The steroids injections helped just a little and for a short time. From what I read you had radiofrequency done a few times .Does it hurt the same or more when it wears off? Hope you are doing better. Only a few more days till Thursday.
Alex

Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User

Dear Alex, Thanks for the information! This will be the third time I have had radiofrequencing of the lumbar facet joints. This time it feels worse than it did before I ever had the procedure. But, that could be because I waited a bit too long to reschedule. The pain nerves do grow out gradually, and the second time I had it done, I rescheduled sooner. I think now I know that 8 months is about as long as I will get, and to wait 9 months is a bad idea. My advice would be, as soon as you feel some of your original symptoms, re-schedule. I do know my insurance makes you wait a minimum of 6 months between radiofrequencing the same area.

That is good that you have got pain relief from the SI radiofrequencing! I may still do it in the future, because the SI injections only last me 2 months. I held back on this because the doctor I was refered to for SI RF had only done it for 20 patients, and my current doctor only does lumbar RF. I may have to look further, but first I will do this lumbar RF. By resting more this weekend, and not sitting down AT ALL,my pain is down a little. But after taking care of the kids this week, I know I will be ready for big pain relief on Thursday Of course this week has to be so busy with one of my boys getting his braces on, my daughter is sick, and 2 kids have teacher conferences.....oh well, I know pain relief is in sight.

Take care, Kera

Closed Thread