It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
i amhome buddys four days post op fsusion

and am obviusly having problems ytypine in bed

I am sore as hell, that car ride home about did me in over an hour an ad a half. ewww. I was pretty drugged the whole time, but not engouhg for sure. Starting the second day Iwas up and walkingas much as posisble. Sitting back down and getitng back up is the killer, and getting to a comfy posoition. The first night no one coudld stay the night with me and Iw ould compare it with childbirth yah....At times Iwas yelling help me...But its better since then,b ut still no walk int he partk. just got home af e minutes ago. i'l post in themorning buddys...lvoe you vette

Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
(female)

Jungleland HB User
Re: i amhome buddys four days post op fsusion

Yvette,

Darling! It is so great to see you here. You are the bomb! No way I coulda been typing 1 hour after getting home after my surgery! Hope your first night home is more comfy than the hospital.

Sleep well, keep resting, keep taking your meds!!

Hugs,
Vickie
Diskectomy in 1994 L4-5
Re-do emergency L4-5 diskectomy on 2/11/07

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Yvette
I am so glad you are home. I can relate to the first night after surgery. I cried the whole night.

I hope that you have a speedy recover. We have been waiting on the beach for you.

I returned to work today. Only worked about 1/2 day and did the rest from home. Kind of tired but did it.

Get some rest buddy and I will talk with you tomorrow.

Love ya hugs your way
Sandy

Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
(male)

RM8251 HB User

Hi Yvette,

It's really great to hear from you. I'm really sad to hear that you are in so much pain.I know each and everyone of us wishes we could take a little of your discomfort away.
The good thing is the hard part is over. Do all the things that you have learn from the forum to help you now. Don't forget not to BLT ! Rest, take your meds.Rest take your meds .

You will soon be on the beach ! I'll see you on the way to the beach in a couple of days.

Sending you almost all my no-more pain prayers.
I'm going to keep one for myself.
I guess I'm going to find out what it feels like to have a baby.

Take Care
Richard

Old 03-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hi Yvette,
I"m so glad yoru home, it's so much easier to be home and at least your comfortable in your head with home compared to the hospital. Your doing really great, I can't imagine being in your shape that many days after surgery, you go girl!!!!

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Old 03-13-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

hi guys three am and awake....Just like the hosital

Ican't seem to sleep more than an half an hour at a time. They had me on the morphine self serve, which didn't seem to give out enough lol. They gaveme valium and versalile? As well as cymbalta and colace and then when took me off of morphine put me on oxyctonin. I liked the idea of the oxytcontin to just take twice a day. I am confused here, I don't know if I am overdoing it walking if thats why I am in so much pain or what...if its just healing. The doctors and nurses all say I can't be overdoig it walking if I am using my brace, and they couldn'be beleve I was walking as muchas I could on day two even at threeam Iw ould walk, its almost like what you said clover before, thaat it helps with the pain. I can't get or stay comfy in any position, and I wish I would have used trash bags at the hosptial that would have really heped. Coming home and now here, they are helping greatly.

My husband has been a real pain n the you know what tonight as he has the gout in his wrist....which is caused by his drinking, here I am crying because he's hitting every bump in the road, and I guess he was needing me to feel sorry for him, I kept rememinding him, hey buddy I am in major pain over her. Anyway, he slept on the couch thank god, kids got me all straightened out.

My foot/leg/ and vaginal needles burning pain is gone.

My my but and left legt and ofcourse back is killing me, I am sure its incisional or muschel or whatever.

HE did rememove the disc and said he didn't have to make an addtiional surgery forthe bone graph, so that was good. HE said I have screws and rods and spacers. He said I can take a shower wheneever I want and that The steristrips will eventually fall off, just no baths. The papers say no driving for atleast three weeks but first you have to be relased from the doctor.

I got alot of flowers that are pretty so tomorrow I can workon decorating up my room and finding comfort, right now I don't even know where my walker is...I don't think I have to have it but it will help ward off the dogs.....

Thank god for my lap top...I missed you guys so much. I'll post more in the morning, and hpe I can get some more sleep. xxxoo vette

Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

alice77 HB User

Wonderful to hear you are home and well. take it easy for as long as you have to...we won't get offended if you don't feel up to writing much - as long as we know you're okay, we're happy.

all the best,
Alice

Old 03-13-2007, 03:13 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi yvette

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound.
I hope as the days go on it will get easier for you.

We are all thinking of you an wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes

Old 03-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Yvette, so glad that your surgery is past and that you are out of the dreaded hospital...for what they charge, the beach should be outside your room door..and the beverages they serve sometimes just don't have enough healing power.... BUT, you are home now, and that is the BEST place for healing..away from all of the roaming needle *******s and their ilk. Seriously, so glad that you over the surgery, and now just have to heal. The first week after any surgery is the worst..you then start to feel sooooo much better...
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sage

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #10
(female)

italiandachshund HB User

Welcome back home Yvette, keep strong now the reeeeeaaal work starts, healing, take care of youself don't overdo..take a look to our last posts we made a lot of mistakes and this will be a help for you! We feel stupid take advantage on all the stupid things we made!!! Take care and rest...please!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

Yvette,

Yes, the worst is over and the surgry thing is done. It is family and the things that help one heal.

It is good that you did so much walking in the hospital, be patient with the family, we are all adjusting so to speak. Make a chart for your meds, this way you will remember if you took them or not.

My wife set them up in little tuperware containers and just read the labels this way it is all set in advance for the next day. It has seemed to work the best it is just an idea. Trust me it is like you are in a fog so to speak. Better life through chemicals.

My doctor will not let me drive for 6 weeks or longer. I really have no desire to drive at this point anyway. I went to the store the other day
and back and that was all that I wanted to do.

Great that you are back with the ones that love you.
Speedy Recovery and rest,rest,rest,rest.

Roy 47

Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Hi Yvette - So glad to see that you are home! Now it is time to just rest and take good care of yourself. Please don't over do it. So happy to see your post!! Welcome back home. Take care.

Rose

Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

well the kids are off to school, and frankly can't wait until hubby goes to work, I bet he has bitched about thirty things already today.I am not letting him get me down...I just don't know why he is one that finds fault ineverything in the world, even the smallest things, just put the trash bag in the can and get over it. These little things are not workth ruining your day over. Esecailly since my kids have been doing everything this morning to help me and get ready for school.

I am so glad that i am post-op now and am on my way. In the hosptial I kept dreaming that I was still pre-op...that sucked.

The hosptial was nice, this place,e very patient, every nurse and doctor just glorified this doctor, nothing ever said negative about him. That made me feel good.

He told me I am already way ahead of what he would expect wit all my walking, but it helps with the pain, and I stay uncomfy in bed it seems whatever postiion I was in

I freaked out on my blood pressure its normal 100/70 and it was at one time86-50 Wow, but they weren't freaking out. I was.

Other than that it was all good, expcept I kept beggng for more pain meds, I don't think that little pump gives out enough.

I am glad to home and be with you buddys!!! I missedyou. Talk toyou soon vette

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM   #14
(male)

fusionman HB User

Hi Yvette,

Welcome home. It must feel good to be out of the hospital. You mentioned you were concerned about overdoing it? I recently had an ALIF fusion with screws, hardware and spacers in 2 discs. The PT dept at the hospital told me that more you walk the faster you would heal. I also met a nurse who had a fusion and she also told me more you move around the better. The doctor said as long as your not bending, twisting or lifting anything you will be fine. In the beginning you will tire easily and need to rest.

I can totally relate to not being able to get comfortable in any position. That will get better with time. Is it too early to tell if any of your old pain before the fusion is gone? I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Fusionman

Old 03-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Hi buddy welcome to the other side.
I sure hope you can get comfy. I had a hard time with that too. Try pillows under the legs and you can prop yourself up with a couple. Walking helped me alot.

I am finally sleeping all night it is so nice. I am only on narco 7.5 every 4 hours and flexerial 3 times a day. I went back to work yesterday as planned.

I am taking it easy and doing great. I have an appointment this morning and sure hope the x-ray shows everything is fine.

Take it easy and allow the kids to help you. Some times guys get upset because they don't know what to do to help you. You were prepared and will do just fine.

Did you use the walker in the hospital? How come it took so long to get home I thought you were only 45 minutes away was it rush hour. How I hate traffic. That is why I like living in the little town no traffic.

Good luck talk to you soon. Take it easy. Hugs your way.

Closed Thread