It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

Jungleland HB User
Red face BAD night! Not great morning either!!

Hi everyone,

Last night was the worst yet since surgery a little over a month ago (micro D L4-5 re-do). I was up and down all night long. BAck to taking pain meds around the clock. Lower back is hurting soooo badly and radiates down right leg with right foot numbess.

I had the MRI yesterday, get the results late this afternoon. I almost hope he sees something on the films that he can fix, again, as this is nearly unbarable! Pain level was at a steady 8-9 all night long on 2 percocets and 1 Soma AND 800mg Motrin!!! My stomach is not liking me much this morning, Prilosec can only do so much.

Seems like all I do here is whine lately. Where's that beach again???!!!

So, will be ANOTHER day of icing, meding, resting, yada yada yada while waiting for DH to come home from work and take me to doc appt at 4:30, in the next town over.

9 yo daughter is getting frustrating with mom not being able to help her with this and that. 3 yo daughter just wants mommy to pick her up (I know, I know, BIG no no!)

I just feel like I shouldn't be feeling this much pain, this far into the healing process. I have done a few no no's but nothing too huge. Well, I did trip over our Bengal kitten 2 days ago, didn't fall but thrashed around trying not to fall.

Anyways, just whining to those who understand and have BTDT.

Hugs,
Vickie
Diskectomy in 1994 L4-5
Re-do emergency L4-5 diskectomy on 2/11/07

Old 03-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User
Re: BAD night! Not great morning either!!

Hi Vicky

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it!
I havent had surgery(yet!) but i can understand what you are going through.
I think any of us on here who have continuous pain can relate one way or another.

Let us know what they find on the scan.

I am really just sending my support an hoping you get some pain relief soon!

Best wishes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
(female)

olliedoll HB User

Sherry, I'm so sorry you're having this much pain. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you find some relief today at the doctor's office. I know what you are going through and you have my full sympathy. I hope that this is just a major flare up for you because I know you don't want to go through surgery again. Again, I hope you feel better very soon!

Ollie

Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
(female)

olliedoll HB User

Sorry, not Sherry! Vickie!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Vickie,

I'm sorry you are having such a rough go...could it be because you have over done something...or just tried to live normally? I can see where the tripping over the kitten could have given you a flare up. You twisted and moved things that were quite happy where they were and you pushed them around..

Hope that he tells you that you just over did it. Come clean about the no'nos to him also he has to know what you have done..

angels watching over you....
Jill[/COLOR]

Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
(male)

fusionman HB User

Hi Vicki,

So so so sorry to hear you're in such pain. I hope you get some answers at the doctors later. Please know we are all wishing you well and can understand your needing to share your feelings...its not whining...your hurting and that's very hard to deal with. Good luck later and please keep us posted as to what the doctor says.

Fusionman

Old 03-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Good morning Vickie, I am so sorry you are going through this, especially at a point when you should be healing. I hope everything will be ok for you. I was in major pain last night also, just like what you described except it is my left leg. I understand the thing with the children, I have a 5 year old and she is tired of mommy being in pain and not being able to do anything. I am praying that you have a better day today and please let us know how the mri comes out. Take care
Rachel

Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

If anyone deserves the whinning award, its me. I have done nothing but whine lately!!

I pray that you find out what the problem is when you see your doctor this afternoon and that it is not bad news. Take care of yourself and yes you need to tell your doctor everything no matter how much of a it was.

Please let us know the scoop.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
(female)

Lynne720 HB User

Vickie, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Everyday my boyfriend wakes up in pain and he is about 5 months post op. They tried to switch his pain meds but he got so sick so he went back to his old meds and now he is in bed sleeping. I told him not to fight it today because maybe he has been overdoing it and his body is asking for some rest so try and get as much rest as you can. Stay in bed if it helps. Sometimes you just need a break.

Lynne

Old 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
(male)

picnica HB User

Just a quick beach report from the Jersey shore. It is beautiful and the waves sound relaxing. (just got back from my walk) The water temp is 45 degrees. There is a cool breeze. But soon school will be out. And my butt will be sitting in a chair, in the warm sand watching the kids swim all summer. We are down to 65 days but who is counting.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Vickie
I am so sorry for your pain. I hope you can get the answers you need. I certainly understand the kids not understanding. My daughter is a teen and still wanted my attention.

For your little one try sitting or laying and have her crawl up with you. At 3 it is hard to explain that you are hurt and can't pick her up.

Please keep us posted and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Sorry for your pain Vickie I hope you find relief soon. I understand the frustration you have and trying to be mommy ( I have two little boys ) It's hard. Just wanted you to know you are not alone!! My heart goes out to you. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Rose

Healing well after L4 - S1 TLIF 12/12/06

Closed Thread