It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
(male)

Grandpa Chuck HB User
Talking Chiro makes a good call!

About 6 weeks ago my wife had me carry a pot of her amazing minestrone soup to the basement refrigerator. On the way (while my mind was where it shouldn't have been) I slipped on the top step and bounced down on my right butt cheek. (The pot of soup remained upright!) It took me a minute to get up, and I was bruised and banged up, but OK.
Then about 2 weeks ago I started getting pain down my right leg and into my knee. It was especially bad when I would lean forward or bend over. It was classic sciatica.
My wife,an RN, made me promise to see a doctor and get an X-ray or MRI.
But, me being cheap...I found an ad for a chiroprator who offered an X-ray and two treatments for $17!! That's the kind of deal I like.
At the visit, the X-rays looked fine. So the Dr. checked further, and pushed his elbow into my right butt while moving my leg slowly back and forth. YIKES!! that really hurt. He said it looked like Piriformis Syndrome. the piriformis is a muscle deep in the buttock and the sciatica nerve runs either through the piriformis muscle or under it. When the muscle is injured or strained it can cause some adhesions or irritation to the sciatic nerve.
Some people have had back surgery to relieve this pain which would not help.
He showed me two simple stretches for this muscle and after a few days I am 90% better. No drugs and no surgery!
I feel so fortunate and blessed that this worked out.
Grandpa Chuck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

olliedoll HB User
Re: Chiro makes a good call!

You said it! You have been truly blessed. I am so glad that you found relief without going through and drug therapy or even surgery. I hope that you continue to get better.

Ollie

Old 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

God was looking out for you! In the future please be careful, from what I understand God doesn't like being pushed. Fred

Old 03-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

You are so lucky on two counts. The soup did not spill and you found an answer to your pain. Hope this continues for you and that you do not have any further problems

Closed Thread