It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

abdominalpain HB User
Unhappy back feels like a stretched rubber band

Have been having back problems for 2 months now. Always had a weak back when I would stand too long I would have to sit down to get relief. Now the problem is worse. Not all the time but sometimes when I sit and try to get up it feels like my back is a rubber band stretched as far as it will go and it hurts like a grabbing pain. I have to take it slow and move to different positions to get up without pain. I walk fine, I sleep good as Im a side to side sleeper. My job is cleaning and when I get down on my knees to clean a shower sometimes trying to get back up I have the grabbing pain again. I dont know what it is. My doctor thinks I pulled a muscle. My job doesnt allow me to rest, to work or quit one or the other. I found having a moist heating pad helps as also letting hot water hit my back in the shower. This is only on the right lower side of my back just at the waist line. Has anyone ever had this also and what did you do for it? I cant take pills as I have a sensitive stomach so any other advice is more than welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User
Re: back feels like a stretched rubber band

Hi and welcome to the board,

I have had and still do have the pain in the hip areas. Like you, I take warm baths, heating pad and just taking it easy when getting up or down. I also have pain meds or antiflamitory (sp) meds like ibuprofen.

Since it's already been two months, maybe you need another appointment with your dr. See if he can give you some home exercises, x-ray or mri. Some muscles will take awhile to heal, but maybe it's not the mucsle.

Take care and I'm sure you'll get some great advice from others here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Re: back feels like a stretched rubber band

Hopefully the doctor is right. You might need to learn correct bending etc, alot of times at physical therapy, they will ask you what kinda job you do, and try to teach you ways to do stuff without hurting yourself worse.

I was doing stuff wrong even when I didn't know it. Like if you are just sitting down, and go to get up..If you put your hands on your thighs as support to get up, that hurts your back....geez.

Closed Thread