It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User
Norco vs other pain meds

I'm seeing a pain management dr. now and he's trying different drugs on me. The Kadian, Nabumetone, Tramadol, and Vicodin didn't work. He prescribed Norco this week and seems it works better than the other meds. Can anyone tell me if they had better luck with Norco instead of the others. It makes me feel a lot more drousy, but it's better for pain control for me. I asked him about my gain weight and Gabapentin and he said it does make you gain weight. I just might have the right combo of meds now, but I don't see how I'll be able to work feeling the way I do with the new meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
(male)

larrydavidmckin HB User
Thumbs up Re: Norco vs other pain meds

[QUOTE=Michael8466;2905604]I'm seeing a pain management dr. now and he's trying different drugs on me. The Kadian, Nabumetone, Tramadol, and Vicodin didn't work. He prescribed Norco this week and seems it works better than the other meds. Can anyone tell me if they had better luck with Norco instead of the others. It makes me feel a lot more drousy, but it's better for pain control for me. I asked him about my gain weight and Gabapentin and he said it does make you gain weight. I just might have the right combo of meds now, but I don't see how I'll be able to work feeling the way I do with the new meds.[/QUOTE]

I am about to have my second back surgery so I may not be the most reliable source. I have tried many medications and am currently involved with a pain management center.
I have tried fentanyl patches, they made me sick to my stomach so the relief to my back circumvented. I have tried Actiq sucker and they worked ok but I became dependent on them and their was a personality effect. I tried Nuurontin...nothing. I tried Skelaxin...nothing. I am trying Lyrica in doces of 200 to 250 and I become very sleepy and would give it a C- as far as pain relief.
I have and am trying hycrocodone with some results. I am also trying as an alternative hydromorphone 4-8 mg with the best relief. It is addicting. I have had facet injections, pills for cortosone with some relief. I relished the three weeks I had pain free; it was a brief but appreciated new life.
I have done water aerobics, chriopract,but not accupunture.
When you are in pain, you will try anything. I am going to ask my dr about
Norco. Good luck and hope you find something that helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Jack24 HB User
Re: Norco vs other pain meds

[QUOTE=Michael8466;2905604]I'm seeing a pain management dr. now and he's trying different drugs on me. The Kadian, Nabumetone, Tramadol, and Vicodin didn't work. He prescribed Norco this week and seems it works better than the other meds. Can anyone tell me if they had better luck with Norco instead of the others. It makes me feel a lot more drousy, but it's better for pain control for me. I asked him about my gain weight and Gabapentin and he said it does make you gain weight. I just might have the right combo of meds now, but I don't see how I'll be able to work feeling the way I do with the new meds.[/QUOTE]

Hydrocodone is the same narcotic in both. Vicodin can be 5 mg, 7.5 mg and 10 mg. I suspect he/she just gave you a higher dose of hydrocodone. The most common Norco is 10/325 (hydrocodone/tylenol).

Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

I was on the vicoden and switched to narco because it contains less tylenol but is the same med.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

OnHold HB User

With hydrocodone I'm too "dippy" but I've found it helps if I take 1/2 - or even 1/4 - of a pill at a time. After a few hours I can take another partial pill. It seems to hit me less hard while still taking the edge off the pain.

Closed Thread