It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

cnlpar HB User
Scared w/ Questions(lumbar spondylosis)

Got my results back from my MRI today:
T12-L1--normal
L1-L2--min. left posterolateral annular bulge
L2-L3--Minimal posterior/left posterolateral annular disc bulge
L3-L4--Mild posterior/posterolateral annular/disc bulge without focal disc herniation or canal stenosis
L4-L5--Moderate diffuse posterior and more focal left paramedian disc protrusion flattens adjacent thecal sac but doesn't result in canal stenosis. There is some narrowing of the superior left L5 lateral recess.
L5-S1--Mild,Moderate diffuse posterior and more focal central and right posterolateral disc bulge/protrusion effaces adjacent epidural fat but does not result in canal stenosis. The right L5 and S1 nerve root sleeves may be conjoined(in origin from thecal sac).

Mild- moderate lumbar facet hypertrophy/arthropathy.

Lateral spondylotic changes result in minimal bilateral L2-L3, min bilateral L3- L4, mild bilateral L4-L5, mild-mod right L5-S1 and mild left L5-S1 neueral foraminal stenosis.

Mild discogenic degenerative changes are seen within lumbar vertebral column.

Moderate lumbar spondylosis, most maqrked to the left of the midline @ the L4-L5 level, w/o central canal stenosis

Moderate lumbar facet hypertrophy contributes to neural foraminal stenosis outlined above

Discogenic degenerative changes are seen within lumbar vertebral column.

I can't get a doctor to tell me the same thing twice. Family physician wants an epidural 'block' shot, the neurosurgeon wants to go right in an perform surgery. But first he told me that he couldn't do 'anything' because he didn't have the actual MRI films, but with his next breath he's telling me that he must operate.hmmmmmm?

Anyone else have something like this: Pain,left hip radiating down to left groin area(in front)
Inabillity to sit down for very long
Back spasms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Re: Scared w/ Questions(lumbar spondylosis)

Dear cnlpar,

You probably will get a lot of info from people on this board about what you wrote on the post about your MRI. The first thing everyone is going to tell you is do not have surgery unless it is the last option you have. Start conservatively. I would definately not go back to the neurosurgeon that is cut happy. At this point I would recomend you try to either find a Spinal Surgeon, one who specializes in spine problems or another neruosurgeon. Stay away from chiropractors. More than likely you will be given meds to help calm down the pain you have and possibly be sent for physical therapy. No one on these boards are MD's we can only recomend to you what we have been through. Every case is different in one way or another. Welcome aboard, keep us posted as to what you decide to do and how you are feeling. There are a lot of really nice, caring people on here that have been where you are now and will be willing to help you in any way they can. This is a great place for support, information, shoulders to cry on and to vent. We also celebrate the victories and mile markers we each pass. Usta

Old 04-14-2007, 04:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: Scared w/ Questions(lumbar spondylosis)

Hi clnpar,
Welcome to the back board. There are lots of us here dealing with a variety of back issues. Some are more versed in MRI lingo, so hopefully they'll see this thread and give you some input.

I agree with Usta, it's time for another opinion. Look for an orthopedist or neurologist who only works on spines. When you go, take your MRI with you and don't tell them what the other doctors have said. Let them form their own opinion. Then you can discuss the other opinions if you want to.

I wish you the best!
Emily

Closed Thread