It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

zeroman HB User
10 months post fusion.. doing well

hello fusion folks

Im 10 months out from my double fusion and I just want to post some more or less good news for those considering fusion.

at my doc apt I found that one level (L3-4) is fully fused (yea!) and the second (L4-5) is about half way there. he didnt seem concerned about the slow level, so I, after a brief bout of depression and disapointment, decided he knows best. after all, it can take a year to fully fuse but I wanted it NOW

Im off the narcotics now and while there is some morning stiffness and some pain after activities its far far less than before. Im happy about it.

I still am very careful about bending and lifting but I can do more and more. a few more months and I hope to be fully fused and starting job retraining.. this no work bit is pretty boring and I do have a ton of hobbies.. but I just dont feel productive if you know what I mean.

hope everyone else is doing ok (although I see some arent. Im sorry to hear that )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
(female)

cherish1 HB User
Re: 10 months post fusion.. doing well

That's great news!! Like you, I still have pain if I overdo, but slowly doing more and more. I agree - can't wait until I can work as well!

Cheri
3/21/06 - L5-S1 fusion w/o inst.
12/21/05 - Lam/Disc. L5-S1.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Congraulations, Zeroman! I'm so glad to hear your good news. Before you know it, you'll be back at work full time and wishing you could have a vacation!

I know you'll be happy to be productive again. Yea you!!! Glad to hear, too, that you're continuing to be careful. That's so important!

Blessings,
Emily

Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Awesome, Awesome News!! I am so glad you are doing so well and are off all pain meds. Wow!! What a feeling!! Congratulations!!! May you continue becoming stronger and go out there and live your life to the fullest.

Closed Thread