It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Smile Starting accupuncture tomorrow

Well, I have to say they are trying everything possible to get me better. W/c approved me for 12 sessions of accupuncture, I sure hope it works, i am really looking forward to it. Has anyone had it and had any success with it esp. with the sciaitica pain? What should I expect? Thanks
Rachel

Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Starting accupuncture tomorrow

Oh KK, please keep us posted on this. I am anxiously waiting to see what type of response you receive. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
(male)

saversano HB User

Hello Rachel ,
Good luck with your accupuncture. I had 6 treatments and it didnt work for me at all BUT I have spoken to people in the waiting room and outside with a herniated disk who can testify to it's wonders.. I guess its one of those hit or miss things.
I have a herniated disk with sciatica down my rear end and left leg....

Old 05-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
(female)

Rustysgurl HB User

Rachel:

Please keep us posted on the acupuncture results. I too have low back, hip and buttock pain radiating down the leg. Good luck!

Mary

Old 05-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
(female)

syrinx2112 HB User

Hi Rachel,

Good luck with it. I hope it works for you. I too, have considered doing it. Let us know how it works out for you.

Angie

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

I went twice for accupuncture and no results. I had a fusion in 2005 and now waiting for wc to approve my 2nd surgery to free up some nerves. I have lower back pain going into my buttock and legs. This one woman at this pain management clinic I went to, said she got some good results out of accupuncture. That she listened to visual imagery CD's. Just put on her headset and laid back. She also had some Lavender with her to smell. I might try the CD's if I go again, but not the Lavender. It might put me into an asthma attack. LOL. I hope you get some relief from the treatments. Good Luck

Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi

I had chronic sciatic pain down my left leg and after 3 sessions of acupunture it was 95 percent better!

It couldnt do anything for my actual back pain though.

Good luck an i hope it works for you.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Rachel
I am glad that they are trying something for you. Please let us know how it works for you. Good luck I will be thinking of you.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Rachel,

I have been having accupuncture for the past golly I suppose it's close to 9 months. I was going twice a week, but have cut back to once a week. Twice was just too much with pt twice a week. My session lasts about 90 minutes and includes accupressure after the accupuncture and stim session.

My Dr. is trained in the tradition Chinese method of accupuncture, which is what my internist wanted for me. She started learning it from her grandfather when she was 5 years old. She is in her 40s now.

I usually get somewhere from 30-54 needles in my back from mid back to my ankles. I look like all you would need to do is connect thread and you could weave things on my back. Some times they hurt and sometimes they don't. The needles vary in size depending on where they are placed on the body.

It has helped. Can I say that I could stand up and yell "I'm cured!" no. but it has helped with my mobility and movement and with the nerve pain. It is part of the package that is getting me through this journey...[/COLOR]

Old 05-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Ibakeandpray - could you give me the name of the acupunturist??

Old 05-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]Pepper,

Dr. Min Li. She is in Gaithersburg. We are in Herndon and I feel the drive is worth it, 9033 Shady Grove Court. 301-869-9802.[/COLOR]

Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hello, everyone I just made it back from accupuncture. The docor was great and it did not hurt like I thought. He just started me on a lite session today of 15 minutes and he wants me to go 3 times a week. It is a blessing because workers comp approved this, so no money out the pocket for me. I am still having severe pain in the legs today, but I did not expect any miracles today anyway. I know these things take time. He also told me to talk to my md about holding off on pt until I am done with him, because he said it is contradictory, I really did not get it, but he said he is trying to relax the muscles and help with pain and they may provoke more pain at this time. Weird huh? Also, he told me no heating pads while on this therapy because it could mess up the inflammatory process. My goodness, I say. Thank you guys for your answers and I bake and pray you have been going for a while, so does it really help with the nerve pain? Do you still need to take pain meds?
I want to get off of meds totally soon! How I dont know, but I cant live on opiates and valium forever and I have not had surgery.
Take care all of you and I hope and Pray you are having pain free days.
Rachel

Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thanks for the doctor information. I may check them out once I start driving more.

Closed Thread