It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
I Finally Called the Dr..........

Figured I would start a new thread. I finally called the surgeon's office. Of course I got the receptionist who politely argued with me about making an appointment. Finally I told her nicely that it was the surgeon that said he did not want to see me but that he wanted me to call and he would order tests. He actually called me back today and left a message. He wants me to get an MRI with/without contrast. I thought they only would do one way. So I call back and question the receptionist about the MRI and my insurance. Since the surgeon is out of network I wanted to know if they knew that it would be covered or not. You would think I asked her to break a DNA code or something. She was clueless. So I hung up and called the insurance company. They said it would be covered because the hospital is in network. They call back five minutes later and tell me they gave me the wrong info and it will not be covered. First time in history an insurance company has ever called me back to say they made a mistake. I was impressed. So I will try again tomorrow. I need to get my primary order the MRI so it is in network. It's not rocket science. I know i sound cranky. They just beat you down. The insurance denied my last 4 claims because it was put under an old number. That was a half hour of my life I will never get back. LOL

Barbara...... Finally got the water out of the basement yesterday from Friday's rain. Now it is pouring out again. I'm sure it will be a rough few next days. Luckily not much can happen down there. Everything is on tables. It is almost like a cruel joke. Half the block had hoses out their basement windows. It's strange. I did all that work in the basement and was feeling pretty good. I stood outside talking to the neighbor for 20 minutes yesterday and have been in horrible pain ever since. Doesn't take much. I think the MRI will be fine and like usual there will be no reason for my pain. With 2400mg of Skelaxin you would think there would be no muscle pain. Oh well ................... Will keep you upated.. Thanks.

Last edited by hessie28; 05-01-2007 at 10:21 PM. Reason: oops

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Re: I Finally Called the Dr..........

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I think that as spinys we have a harder time with insurances and Dr's office's then with the pain. Funny how my insurance was not nice at all to me until I had the surgery then wham they even had a nurse call me before the surgery and after the surgery to check on me. Probably to see if I was around or out dancing or something.

Good luck with the basement that does not sound like fun.

Will be thinking of you. Did you get the MRI scheduled?

Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Hi Hessie,
If it's not one thing...

I hope your GP is understanding. He probably can't take your word for it, though, that you need the MRI. It probably means someone in his office has to talk personally with someone in the surgeon's office. May take a little time, but I hope they can get it ordered for you [U]today[/U]!

Isn't that the truth, sometimes the tiniest things set off our pain! My girlfriend shrugged her shoulders and her neck went out for two days recently. I turned off my alarm clock and am now back in PT for a rotator cuff injury. You just stand outside and end up in more pain. Yep, if it's not one thing...

Emily

Old 05-02-2007, 04:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Don't we sound like a bunch of healthy spinneys!!

Hessie, my goodness, the things you are having to go thru alot. I am so sorry and I pray that today you find some relief and get an MRI ordered to find out what is going on once and for all.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

luvmybeagle HB User

Hessie, I am glad that you finally got the ball rolling. You will now be playing the waiting game. Hopefully your primary is on the ball. They just don't get the pain part. And you have to jump thru hoops just to get anything done. I have been trying to speak to someone in billing for my anesthesioligist (sorry for spelling) for several months. Every time I call I get a voice mail. I do not want to leave a message. I want to talk to someone. Especially since they are trying to get me to pay the amount that is discounted by my insurance. I am sure that it is illegal. I have given up on the acutal doctor ater yesterday. So I am now going to call the insurance and see if they can help. I need all the luck I can get for that.
So being from Arizona, I do not know anyting about basements. Do they flood everytime it rains? I have always wanted a basement. I think it would be cool but not if you have to drain it. Do not over do it and hurt yourself worse. Now I know why I don't talk to my neighbors. I don't want to hurt myself.
Hey everybody out there, watch out for your neighbors, they might hurt you. Haha, just kidding.
Well keep me posted on the Mri thing. I hope the rain stops. We could sure use some here.
Take Care,
Barbara

Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks everyone. NO FLOODING this time luckily. The basement doesn't flood all the time. The NorEaster a few weeks ago dropped so much rain that the water table is really high. So each time it rains the water would come in. Now the sun is out so hopefully it will dry up underground. We are going to invest in a pump that they put in the ground.

I called the surgeon's office this morning. Before I could finish my sentence I was put on hold. The woman I talked to yesterday picked up. Before I could talk she says "I just talked to you yesterday and didn't get the authorization yet". So I said to her that I called the insurance company and all I need is the prescription sent to me so my primary can set up. I told her I was trying to save her a step and not waste her time calling the ins. co. So after that she was nice. They don't even let you talk. I'm sure I will get in next week some time. It will be at the hospital. Usually no problem getting an appt. In a way I wish they would find something so I know where the pain is coming from. I hate when they say everything looks good and they think you are nuts because you say you are in pain. Does that sound odd? I didn't think scar tissue showed on an MRI. Does anyone know? I know it doesn't on a cat scan. Maybe with contrast it does.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

[QUOTE=hessie28;2958722] In a way I wish they would find something so I know where the pain is coming from. I hate when they say everything looks good and they think you are nuts because you say you are in pain. Does that sound odd? I didn't think scar tissue showed on an MRI. Does anyone know? I know it doesn't on a cat scan. Maybe with contrast it does.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound odd at all! I completely understand!

I looked at the MRI of my shoulder recently with my doctor, and I could see the muscles, the fluid build up, everything. The cat scan is more for bone issues and the MRI is more for tissue.

I sure hope you get some satisfactory answers! Hang in there!

Take care,
Emily

Old 05-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I don't think that sounds weird either. You have to stand up for your rights because no one else is feeling your pain.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

You are right. I forget sometimes that we are just another number to these doctors. Not that they don't care, but, they are like a factory. In and out. Usually with a surgeon they do the surgery and you never see them again except for a follow up visit. I know my surgeon has office hours two mornings a week I think. He has another office and a lot of surgeries. He is good though.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I also think sometimes you have to scream to get thru to the doctor -- some nurses think they are in charge, want to call the shots, and they overscreen the calls. If I was desperate enough, I would camp outside in the waiting room on a day that I know my surgeon had patients to talk to him. You have to stand up for yourself no one else will. [SIZE="1"]okay I'm done with my speech.[/SIZE]

Last edited by ms_west; 05-03-2007 at 04:10 AM.

Closed Thread