It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Roy

You have done so well and I sure hope you are not having a set back. Keep us posted on what the Dr says.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Roy

Roy you are in my thoughts and prayers too. Please take care of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

Ladies,

It will be fine; I am so fortunate for the recovery that I have had up to this point. It is a thing that the doc will know and we will talk about. The chairs at work are great and 1stcomp is a first class place to work. I am sure that I can get a different type of chair which sounds like a good idea.

It is just a thing that needs to be addressed and we will overcome this thing if it becomes a challenge. I feel that a lot of things are in the attitude of ones self. It is what it is; it isn't what it isn't. IT is all so clear; we all know other people that are not as lucky or blessed as we are.

One just needs to go to a hospital and go to the wards where all the sick children are with cancer and dieases. Then it is all so clear how blessed we all are. I really belive that all things happen for a reason; I will be a stronger and more caring person for the experinces that I have faced in life, it has brought me to this board and all the best of the best people we have all met.

This will prepare me for other challenges in life as things go forward.

Thank you all for your thoughts and feelings it is very much appreciated.

Roy

Old 05-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Roy you are so correct that it is all about attitude. I try everyday to have a great outlook even with all the pain. I talk with myself every morning gettting ready for work about getting thru the day and putting the pain to the back of my mind. Some days are not good but like you said it is what it is.. I am not strange I have always given myself pep talks every since I was little. I do break down and am glad I have this board to vent on because you all understand the pain and the issues.

Keep us posted on what the Dr says and my prayers are with you

Old 05-06-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I agree Roy and it is helpful for me in my situation to have a good attitude. I think we will all have days of increased pain and minor set backs. I do believe what you said about the childrens hospital. What I am going through is challening, but if anything happened to my kids..that I coudln't handle.

hu;gs vette

Old 05-07-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][SIZE="3"]
What happened ? Roy are you having problem's ? I sure hope not you been doing so well. Hang in there buddy , thing's will pass.

Shawley [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley, I am working thru the pain med fog and I believe he was jogging and is having sciatica pain now.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

Dan,

It feels like I might be dragging my left foot, the leg is a little on the sore side by the end of the day. I think that it is just from sitting in a good seated postion looking into the countys and citys that have insurance agents.. Did you know that there are 42,500 cities in California?

So I am also learning things about california that I did not know.

I think it will pass, Ihave not jogged in a long time and I am listening to the experts on this board. You have all been there and I am in my rookie season so to speak.

But I see the doc I thought this week; but I looked on the calender and it is next week on the 15th. So I just do the 2.5 walk in around 40 minutes or so.

I hope the surgery that you are going to have helps you a great deal DAN.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Roy--sorry you having a little issue there , No I had no idea how many Cities are in CA. I never been to Cal. I have made it to Wyoming that's it.
I have been on the east coast . That's where you live ?

I have the week leg/foot also , sometimes I trip over my own feet. I tried jogging after my second surgery and it caused me alot of pain when I would run down hill . All that was short lived because my pain came back. Sound's like your doing great walking 2.5 miles Wish I could walk that far. I sent in for the handycap parking card , not that I will alway's use it , some days are horrible and to have to walk is a killer ,so as long as I have it for emergency I'll be fine. This next thing I'm having done is the stimulator , pretty simple , they go in with a epidural needle ,feed a wire lead up under my spine and lay it across my nerves ,if it works the permenant stim will be implanted and my sugeon MAY remove my hardware and take a look at my upper and lower levels , I have DDD now ?

I am real happy for you Roy, I pray you find total relief from your injury.

Dan

Old 05-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

Dan,

It is what I am doing at work; they are looking to appoint agents in california, I just goggle find select cut and paste and build a spread sheet. I am working in the research part as they call it. It is a pud job and pays very well around this town, how long will it last who knows???

It is keeping me busy for now. I was born in Cheyenne where Clover is and we are chating back and forth about stuff from time to time. I currently live in Bellevue a small city just south of Omaha, One can not really tell one city from the other if you do not know the area so to speak. Omaha is starting to swallow up everything in its path. The fancy word is "ANNEX"

Small world, Clover and I are what in the military call "HOMIES. " Heck it sounds like we are about the same age and lived in cheyenne at some of the same times...

Great news I jope things work for you...

Roy

Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Roy
You are correct. We did live here about the same time. I bet our paths crossed a time or two.

Well we had a pretty day today. Hope it stays that way.

Hope you get the pain control.

Talk with everyone tomorrow pain meds kicked in and i just got sleepy.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:52 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

You were scaring the hell out of me with that jogging super man. Hope all gets better, vette

Old 05-09-2007, 05:01 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

Clover,

The day went well yesterday, it is as you say by the end of the day it is time to relax. I am taking a 800 MG Gabepetin in the morning and one at night. And things as a result are so much better since then as Pepper said it is the sciatia probaly.

I guess that is a lot better than it was before; but I will talk to the doc about it next week. The walking is going great; I am even starting to walk at work after lunch. It has finally stopped raining we got 7 inches of rain from Friday to the end of Sunday.

A levy broke and a lot of people are in shelters and a lot of them do not have flood insurance and are in some serious trouble, most lost everything or will have to gut the house and put in sheet rock and all that stuff because of the mold problems. Time will tell, it is all so sad.

It is good to hear that spring has came to the cheyenne area. I really enjoyed it as a youngster. If you saw me around town, I was the good looking, all american boy... LOL

My mom was the semstress at the dry cleaners for many many years. At this time I can not remember the name of it. She also worked at Sears and we always shopped at Albertsons for grocerys most of the time. Some times we would go to Safeway on the South Side of Cheyenne where we lived. I went to Goins Elementry School if that helps where I lived. It was just on the edge of cheyenne and it was a lot of fun.

WE used to live in Horse Creek where the old limestone mine is. IT has been closed for a long long time now, I doubt if it was ever reopened. MY dad worked there as a POWDER MONKEY. So that means that he drilled the holes and put in the dynomite and then made it go boom...

Got s to go.

Roy

Old 05-09-2007, 05:57 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Roy I am glad you are doing a little better. Jogging after coming out of a fusion is not a good idea and I was shocked when they gave you permission. All of I could think of was that bone pieces they insert hopping around in there and flying loose. I do have an active imagination, don't I??? My hubby says it is worse when I am taking my meds.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[SIZE="3"]Roy I can't believe your allowed to jog ! I walk down hill and I get pain , I could imagine jogging again Running the 2 mile in the service was the worse thing for me , the push up's and sit up's I maxed out but the run I barely made. I would hold off for a while if I were you. You don't want to snap anything back there this soon. Homies I haven't heard that for a while ..lol I live in the country , we call each other Kin ..LOL

We had blue skies for over a week , tomorrow were gonna have some pop up storms , that mean's the lawn will need cut again..Another $15.00 down the tube in gas.

Have a good one .
Shawley [/SIZE]

Closed Thread