It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
(female)

Pippi_Plum HB User
Hyaluronic acid supplements for back pain???

Hi everyone! I am new here.
I recently had a MRI for severe lower back pain and I have a ruptured disk at the l5 level along with degeneration of the spine. After a year of not being able to do much at all because of pain I am glad to know what as causing the pain at least.

Anyhoo, back surgery is out because I do not have health insurance so I have been trying to walk some to be more active. Even walking around the block is hard. I hate being like this.........

So I came across an add about Hyaluronic acid supplements and have actually talked to a few people who take them that say the do help for mobility and pain management of arthritis and fibro pain. Has anyone here taken these and if so what results did you have with them? Seems to good to be true but I will try anything at this point........

Old 05-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User
Re: Hyaluronic acid supplements for back pain???

Your first focus should be to see someone in the spine speciality field. You said you have no insurance. Have you talked to Social Services or better yet the billing department at the local hospital. They sometimes know how to put people in touch with agencies that can locate a doctor/hospital for you that takes reduced payments on a sliding scale. Contact any local University Hospital and see what they can do for you. In California, if you are working but, making low wages they have another program that only asks for real low payments per month for the insurance. If you are not working try to get SSI/Medicare. In 6 1/2 years I haven't found a suppliment out there that helped my pain. Have you tried ice or heating pads? (Wrap both in a towel before use.) Good luck and keep us updated.

Last edited by Chris54; 05-05-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

I've not heard of these before,and if you do not get anyone here chime up, you might try asking on the pain management board about this supplement. They might better be able to answer your question.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
(female)

CarrieD HB User

Hi
I've been taking them for a month and have not noticed any change yet....

Closed Thread