It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Lost my prescription, crap what do I do?

When I went to the surgeon last week she gave me a written script of the oxicontin. Okay, well when I filled my other script...they said it was to soon to fill that one, but I didn't need it yet. So, I asked them if they would just keep it on file. This is a new pharmacy from where I had moved from. They said no they can't do that, which I thought was a bunch of crap.

Well anyway, I've lost it. It was in my purse, and with all of the moving, and paperwork etc I am going through with applying at all the section 8 housing places and everything else...I've lost it.

I've looked everywhere ten times, I will need it in two days.

So I am afraid if I call and tell them they will think I am a drug addict and am lying. My friend says they can tell its never been filled plus you would have to have picture ID for narcotic....What do you guys think? I am scared to call her.

It was folded up into a little square so it could have easily been thrown away...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: Lost my prescription, crap what do I do?

Call your doctor! Now! Right away!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I agree and I pray it works out for you. I would also double check with the pharmacy if you don't remember seeing it afterwards. Maybe you left it there.

Just tell your doctor the truth.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I know I didnt' leave it there, because it was in my purse...a few days ago. I guess with all the moving applying places etc it probably got thrown away. It was in with my money so I am assuming when I got money out it fell out or something. I just called a 24 hour pharmacy and they said their isn't anyway to track it. This sucks. So I guess I will email the nurse practioner, and hope she believes me geez. The last thing I need is to look like a drug addict.

So I guess I don't have a choice but to ask. I don't know if I should call her, its hard to get a hold of her or email her. But, I think I will just email her. Crap. Wish me luck, this sucks

Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Yvette
It was just an accident and I am sure they will understand it. I don't understand the pharmacy not keeping it on file until it could be filled. Mine usually does.

Just call her an talk with her I am sure she will understand. Especially if this has never happened before.

Good luck

Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Keep us posted. I am praying that all goes smoothly.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][SIZE="3"]
Yvette my eyeball's popped out of my sockets reading this , BUT your ok because the Dr. know's if you get them filled. So call your Dr. and tell him that you never filled them and they were lost..He know's if you fill them. He gets a copy from the pharmacy so don't feel bad..Hurry up and call !!!

Shawley [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Old 05-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

deeannek HB User

Yvette that has happened to me before and my doctor re-wrote for me. i was also afraid to call thinking they wouldn't believe me. My pm now send all prescriptions via fax or email except for my morphine so now I only have to keep track of one thank goodness. Also just dropped in to see how you are doing. Sounds like you are getting things together pretty well. I hope you and your children get your own place soon. Take Care. Dee

Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Jack24 HB User

This post reminds me to be more careful with my scripts. I think the pharmacy holding them for you depends on the sate though I'm not sure. They won't do it here either. It really is a hassle keeping up with Rxs.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hi Yvette, I hope everything works out ok with the script. Did you get to call the practictioner yet? They should be able to give you a new script and they can tell that it has not been filled yet. Let us know what happens, and besides how are you doing?
Rachel

Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[SIZE="3"]My Dr. won't write one unless it's time. I'm sure Yvette's going to be fine. I was worried so I jumped on here quick to see if she got them yet.
Vette I been missing you everytime I get on here.

Hope to catch up with ya soon.

Shawley [/SIZE]

Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

My pharmacist won't hold them for me either if they are not ready. I believe Narcotic prescriptions expire too. I take meds for my sleeping disorder to stay awake. I told the dr. I didn't need them yet and he said fill them anyway because they expire. It may be 30 days though. I would call the dr. They can tell if you filled them already.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Yes she did re write it, but I had to get all the way to the office which is fourty minutes away. I called the so called husband told him I had no gas, I was dying in pain and he needed to take me. He did. And I am so glad because I dont think I could have made the drive.

So she was cool about it thank god.

Yes shawley buddy I miss you to, I am only on a few minute at a time.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

vette - I am glad it worked out for you and that she did not give you any problems.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #15
(female)

Rustysgurl HB User

Yvette - I'm SO glad your doctor re-wrote your prescription. My daughter is a licensed pharmacy tech, and in our state (KS), they won't allow a pharmacy to 'hold' a prescription for a controlled substance. Any other script they can just put in your file until you need to fill it, but not controlled. It's probably the same for other states. Don't feel bad about losing it. I can't tell you the number of prescriptions I've lost - hell, I once opened a bottle of pain pills, dropped it, and over half of them went into the toilet (I felt like an idiot, but my doctor just laughed). Doctors know when their patients are doing anything hinkey, and I'm sure you don't fit the profile! Take care, and keep dry (for those who don't know, the Kansas City area is about the wash down the Missouri River!).

Mary

Closed Thread