It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

bondgrll HB User
MRI Results---Need help

What in the world does all this mean?

"On the saggital sequences, disc herniation, loss of disc height, and loss of T2 disc signal are seen at L5-S1. Small annular tear is suspected at L4-L5 with loss of disc height and signal. There is normal disc height and signal at L1-L2, L2-L3 and L3-L4. There is a widely patent spinal canal. "

"At L3-L4, there is minimal annular bulging and mild facet hypertrophy."

"At L4-L5 there is mild annular bulging and facet hypertrophy."

"At L5-S1 there is a large right paracentral disc herniation. This abuts and deforms the anterior aspect of the right half of the thecal space extending past the midline and possibly impinges upon the exiting left roots. The exiting right roots are displaced posteriorly."

All I know is that my back hurts!!

Old 05-20-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User
Re: MRI Results---Need help

Looks like you might have some entrapped nerves at L5/S1 causing the pain. Do you have any leg pain or Numbness in your legs or Buttock? You also have a possible tear at L4/L5. That also could be causing some pain. Has your surgeon ordered a Discogram or EMG yet? Did your doctor suggest anything? Keep us posted. There should be more people on here tomorrow to respond to you. Keep checking back.

Last edited by Chris54; 05-20-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

bailey17 HB User
Re: MRI Results---Need help

[QUOTE=bondgrll;2994817]What in the world does all this mean?

"On the saggital sequences, disc herniation, loss of disc height, and loss of T2 disc signal are seen at L5-S1. Small annular tear is suspected at L4-L5 with loss of disc height and signal. There is normal disc height and signal at L1-L2, L2-L3 and L3-L4. There is a widely patent spinal canal. "

"At L3-L4, there is minimal annular bulging and mild facet hypertrophy."

"At L4-L5 there is mild annular bulging and facet hypertrophy."

"At L5-S1 there is a large right paracentral disc herniation. This abuts and deforms the anterior aspect of the right half of the thecal space extending past the midline and possibly impinges upon the exiting left roots. The exiting right roots are displaced posteriorly."

All I know is that my back hurts!![/QUOTE]

Like the person above said looks like the MRI shows that L5-S1 is herneiated and could be pressing on your nerve roots causing you a lot of the pain. You also have 2 discs that are bulging but have not torn yet/ herneiated. I have a bulging disc in my back L4-L5 actually like you and that hasn't bothered me a bit! It was my L5-S1 that caused all my problems. I would think your Dr will be looking more closely at L5-S1 since it is actually herneiated and looks to be compressing nerves which = pain.
How long have you been in pain? Like the other person above asked what other symptoms are you having? Have you done the PT/drug therapy route yet? Epidurals? Sorry if this is too many questions but all of the answers help us to better help you.

Wishing you a pain free night. Be well
B

Closed Thread