It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Still Not Fused ! 2 years Later !!!

I just recieved a copy from worker's comp Dr. he said in his report that I have not fused and said he would not recommend anymore surgery . Only to treat the pain with the stimulator or the Morphine pump . He also stated that I would only be able to work sedantary work , being able to sit with special seating . He states that I'm at maximum medical improvement .

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]
I have no idea why my surgeon keep's telling me I'm fused . He did this last year and wanted to take out the hardware doing so found out I wasnt fused and this worker's comp Dr. told me that before my surgery last year !
Who to believe ? This just suck's for me because my surgeon wanted to take out my hardware and fix that problem below my fusion and now he won't be allowed to do the surgery cause this other doc said no more . This mean's comp will give me a ruff time if I ever have problems with my hardware . ( break apart) I figured something was wrong cause I still have major back pain , on top of leg/ feet pain . I wonder what rating my injury is ?

This Dr. say's I can

Sit for 8 hour's
stand for 8 hour's ? ( All with special seating )
Drive for 1 hour
Lift and carry--11-25 lbs

When he means stand and walk it is for on and off not constant 8 hours. No way could I stand that long. My attorney want's me to settle , I just want to be painless !

Thank's for reading this .

Shawley [/B][/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Re: Still Not Fused ! 2 years Later !!!

Shawley
Wow you have been getting such a mixed message from all the Dr's Are you still going thru with the Stim?

When are you making the trip for your daughters wedding? I know I am full of questions. I feel even though I was only gone a couple of days that is was a long time.

Hope you get the settlement you deserve. I wouldn't settle unless it has longterm medical care.

Good luck

Old 05-23-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Clover
How was your trip ? Hope thing's were ok.
I get the trial stim tomorrow . I'm a little scared but I been through worse.
On June 9th is my daughers wedding ,straight to Ocean City MaryLand. Were staying on the boardwalk . I sit and watch the Dolphins and people walking around while I'm sitting in the rocker on the porch ,been there a few times . It's relaxing.

I will have life time Medical on my spine if I don't settle it , but I'm sure my company won't settle on loss wages alone , they ask for a complete settlement already . I ask for 2 years and a boatload of money. I have insurance through my wife thank the Lord .

I'm tired of these Dr.'s telling me different DX. I'm starting to think my surgeon is knife happy ? My back has been hurting ever since my first surgery ,but the Leg / and feet and now the knee is worse. My surgeon say's there is something wrong with my S1 and a bulge above my fusion but now he can't operate because of what the comp Dr. said in his report.

Hope you and your assistant is doing well .

Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User

Shawley
The trip back was a nightmare. I made it and was ok. Surprised myself. I was real tired last night and now have a cold. I woke up early this morning in alot of pain but feel better now as the meds have kicked in. Felt good to be home in my own bed.

My asst mgr will be ok I hope. I called her last night and she said she will be able to open the store in the morning. I find that I don't have as much symphaty as I used to. I endure lots of pain every day and keep pushing on. I just hope she did not tear her rotor cuff or something. But i am sure she will have to go back and get an MRI.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you and that the stim helps you with pain. You are lucky that your wife is able to work and that you have insurance thru her. When My hubby got sick I thanked God every day I could work and support us and had a good paying job with benefits. Now I think oh what happens if I can't go on.

Good luck and keep us posted. I will be thinking of you.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley -- something sounds very fishy to me with this entire ordeal. Why would you settle? You are in terrible pain.......you have a doctor who says you need surgery..........comp is telling you no surgery.............they are saying you can work and sit for 8 hours (You have a back problem? 8 hours is a looooooooooong time). I think this comp doctor was only looking out for your employer (which is his job) and does not have your best interests in heart. You may have to go to court to fight for your rights.

Last edited by ms_west; 05-23-2007 at 05:06 AM.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Navy"][B]
Clover--I could not imagine her not working , we purchased our home in 2001 and a truck for hauling stuff then in 2003 I got hurt and we didn't purchase any disability insurance on anything I never thought I would ever miss work because of an injury , I'm a tuff guy ! Atleast I thought I was . I really hope you can work for a long time , I feel for your hubby. There been plenty of times I felt worthless cause I couldn't do much and my wife has her hands full with work /college and taken care of me and our 16 yr old. She said it's like raising 2 kid's ???
My wife is a good person , she will make a wonderful nurse someday.

Pepper --Yes I'm in terrible pain if I walk or do much of anything , but what is really going to help me ? I'm almost at the point where I'm going to believe this is life deal with it . Were going so far in dept thank's to comp deducting our pay $150.00 a month because they were over paying me. A little late ,3 years later they tell me I'm being over payed. Great cause we base our bill's on our paychecks .
Anyway what the comp Dr was saying is I need to be changing posistions from standing sitting walking , not all 8 hours doing one thing and that I need a recliner to take a break in. The comp Dr. actually did stick up for me , he just believes surgery wouldn't help me but my surgeon think's different.
I can't take comp to court here in PA. unless a settlement is agree'd on. I don't know what to do ??

Shawley [/B][/COLOR]

Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Shawley, I'm so sorry you're stuck in the middle again! You must be so frustrated! Is there any way to challenge the workman's comp doctor?

So you'll have the stim before your daughter's wedding? Yea! I hope you'll get to have a dance with her! Savor those bright spots in your life!

Keep hanging in there!
Emily

Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Nope whatever the comp doc say's goes .

I'm having the trial stim tomorrow , I won't have any implants until after the wedding but I'll be ok , you know sit N dance and so and so. I'll be good and I will dance.

Thank's for asking [/B][/COLOR]

Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]And what will you be dancing to as the first dance the bride dances with her dad? That is such a special dance.

You know that we are all pulling for you. I have that 500 yd extension cord ready to go. Carol said that she was going to get another one to add to it so you could stretch really far out. I don't thing the ATV will work very well with it though! BTW what color cord did you want? were they suppose to be color coordinated? The stim was electric, wasn't it? does it come with extra accesories like cattle prods?

seriously dan, you're in my prayers....we're holding you safe tomorow. all will go well because we are keeping you safe and secure.
jill[/COLOR]

Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Jill ,
I don't know what song yet ! Should I ? Were not having a reception ,were going out on the town after the wedding . It's a very small wedding only mom's and pops and grandparents . No friends , but were planning a party this summer for them here at home. My daughter just got a job today , she is making $28.50 an hour ! My goodness and I was only making $15.70 an hour just because she has her master in sycoligy.

Tomorrow is the day for the stim , I have to be there at 7:50am so no coffee for me . Thank's for making me laugh , your one crazy woman .

Shawley [/B][/COLOR]

Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]
Pepper I spoke to my attorney today about that Dr. saying no more surgery , my attorney said don't worry about it ,that it's ok for my surgeon to follow up with the fusion , maybe a revision now ? Defenatly look at it and make sure everything is ok and remove my hardware if it's fused ?

I just thought that since that worker's comp Dr said no more surgery would benefit me that they would turn it down when time to pay , I don't want stuck with a huge bill . But my lawyer said if my surgeon say's I need it do it and not worry about everything . Kool huh ?

Everything is good again . Wish me luck tomorrow .

Shawley [/B][/COLOR]

Old 05-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley, that is great news. It just did not make sense to me that your workmancomp doctor could call the shots. He works for your past employer not for you.

Good luck tomorrow and I pray that you obtain some relief.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Well I was scared about comp calling the shot's to that's why I called him .
He told me that there surgeon has no right to tell my surgeon what not to do.

Thank's for the prayer for relief ,I sure hope it work's to .

How's your friends doing ? I been thinking about that alot and it makes me sad . Poor family

Old 05-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

The pain and ache from losing a child is a difficult one and one that will take a long time to recover from if they ever do. We are all trying to be there as much as possible for them spirtually and physically.

I will be lifting you up in prayer tomorrow.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Yes your right pepper it will take alot of time to get over it if they can .
I couldn't and wouldn't ever want to imagine it happening to anyone .

Thank's for the prayers , my right foot still hurting bad ?? Left is ok today ??

Shawley

Closed Thread