It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
(male)

modia HB User
tenderness and pain under sit bones

I have tenderness under both sit bones whenever I sit. I am a computer programmer. Pain/Tenderness started about a year ago when I was doing lot of siting.Now I don't sit for long time but it is not going away and it is immediate when I sit.

I feel like I don't have any padding and I am directly siting on my sit bones. I had 2 MRI's (one for spine and other for pelvis) , both MRI's are normal. MRI also ruled out Ischial bursaties.

I tried everything including ortho, PT, Chiro, message and accupunture. Nothing is working. I would appreciate if some body can help me in finding the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: tenderness and pain under sit bones

Do you exercise at all, walk regularly? Sitting can be a bugger on our bodies. One of the worst things actually.

Has anyone looked at your SI joints?

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi

An welcome to the board!

I also have alot of problems with both buttocks which makes it difficult to sit for very long.

I also have trouble sleeping on either side and carnt sleep on my back either because of my back problem.

I have tried everything for my buttock problem but nothing seems to help.
I am hoping meeting my consultant in July will have a good result.

The oly thing i can say i do is take it in turns to sit on either buttock and i have used 2 hot water bottles under each cheek!

Best wishes

Last edited by sherry1; 05-29-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User

Hi! I have arthritis in my sacroiliac joints, and I get the pain and tenderness under the sit bones as well. One thing that helps is sitting on a wedge shaped pillow that has a "cut out" for your tail bone area. I think it is called a "tush cush." My kids joke about my pillow, but it really helps when you need to sit! Your doctor might look into sacroiliac joint problems, as they tend to cause pain in this area. Good luck! Kera4

Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
(male)

modia HB User

Thanks for your reply. I will ask my doctor about sacroiliac joints and post his reply.

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-23-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: It is not necessary to quote a direct response

Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 AM   #6
(female)

Momto3gurlz HB User

I have a problem sitting as well. It hurts like a mug and I have to get up real slow.

I am doing PT but I also have herniated disks. The PT works on my sacrum, and tail bone. She pushes it down and such. She said one side is higher than the other. Not sure what all they did to you in PT but that may be something to consider.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]The pain you are experiencing is nerve pain , A good nerve pain med will help relieve the pain that you are experiencing. That and a good therapist can do wonders....[/COLOR]

Old 06-21-2007, 07:57 AM   #8
(male)

modia HB User

If it is related to nerve, would doctor be able to figure it out from MRI?

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-23-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #9
(male)

modia HB User

[QUOTE=Justoneofus;3010746]Do you exercise at all, walk regularly? Sitting can be a bugger on our bodies. One of the worst things actually.

Has anyone looked at your SI joints?[/QUOTE]

I have an appointment for bone scan next week. I feel pain in sacrum and tail bone area sometimes.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:14 AM   #10
(male)

modia HB User

[QUOTE=kera4;3011466]Hi! I have arthritis in my sacroiliac joints, and I get the pain and tenderness under the sit bones as well. One thing that helps is sitting on a wedge shaped pillow that has a "cut out" for your tail bone area. I think it is called a "tush cush." My kids joke about my pillow, but it really helps when you need to sit! Your doctor might look into sacroiliac joint problems, as they tend to cause pain in this area. Good luck! Kera4[/QUOTE]

How did you found out your problem? I have seen so many doctors, nobody is able to point me to the problem.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:22 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I have the same problem and it is severe. I can't get up if i seat, i have to slowly move to the end of the chair and only than pull myself up. Seating is the worse.
I have a lot of arthrities in that area, it was "fixed" during my fusion surgery and 6 month is right back.
NO, MRI, CT did not show much in that area, but during surgery Doctor saw a lot of damage from arthrities, ddd, stenosis (comes with territory :-)

Closed Thread