It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Nerve Blocks, Epidurals and RLS

Hi,

Has anyone whose had either nerve block or epidural steroid injections experienced restless legs soon after the injections?

OMG...I had nerve block yesterday and was feeling good, still am, BUT...

I woke up at 4:30 am, and my legs were going insane!!!!!! I must have burned about 1000 calories trying to lay in bed! I had to constantly move my legs back and forth and get up, walk around. Every time I lay back down, the legs started in again. It just feels like something is pulling & kneading the insides of legs....or like electrical activity in there, except without the pain. I finally had to just get up at 5:30 am today..so much for sleepign in on the weekend <LOL>. I'm okay now that I'm up & about, though.

When I had 3 epidurals last year, I did not have this reaction; although this new PM used a different brand of steroid than I got before with a different PM in the shots. The one I had yesterday was "Celestone" whereas the ones I had last year was Dep-Medrol.

I've also taken oral Prednisone and Medrol in the past & never had this reaction. So I'm thinking it might be this one particular brand.

Any one else have this happen? And did the RLS seem to go away after some time??

Old 06-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Nerve Blocks, Epidurals and RLS

Baybreeze- My legs were going crazy after the nerve block. I had severe deep cramping (that stenosis pain) and jumping then I had sciatica move into the foot and it has been there since. Truly, I feel this is what caused my sciatica foot pain. I hope this post does not sound negative. It is just what happened to me.

I think it may be normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Thanks! So far, I'm still not having any pain although I am aware that pain can come after 24-48 hours, then maybe take another week or 2 to settle down. I guess it's like any procedure, just have to wait & see. I wonder, in your case, if possibly your nerve got damaged in some way...though I HOPE not!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

This is what I am suspecting but my surgeon basically cut me off when I was trying to ask if this was possible yesterday.

Closed Thread