It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

seveppa HB User
Coccyx Bone sticking out???

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I would love any feedback. A couple of weeks ago while taking a shower, as I was washing between by buttocks, I noticed a lump or bump or something sort of sticking out just above my anus. Never felt anything like it before and have not had any injury or fall. Once out of the shower, I felt it and it feels like a bony protrusion (sp?). I can sometimes feel it when I am sitting and it is a little uncomfortable but there is no pain. The only thing I noticed before this is that when I took my daughter to see Pirates of the Caribbean - a nearly 3 hour movie, my hinney was very sore and numb from sitting for so long. It was a few days after this that I felt the protrusion in the shower. I don't know if one thing had anything to do with the other. As I said before, I have not injured myself or had a fall. I have been losing weight for the past 8 months under doctors orders - I have lost about 35 pounds - and I see my doctor regularly. I haven't brought this up with her yet, I wanted to do some research first. Does anyone have any experience with anything like this???

Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
(male)

mmusilli HB User
Re: Coccyx Bone sticking out???

Hi there.. My coccyx also sticks out a bit.. I cant see it in the mirror, but I can feel it that it is right under the skin.. I too lost weight, and noticed it more, and since you lost 3 pounds, it makes sense..

I asked my doctor about that, since my sacrum also does not feel too deep, but he said that this is fine and there is nothing wrong..

I started doing alot of butt and leg excercises to build up muscle to give me more padding down there..

Maurizio

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread