It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
(female)

turbotoy HB User
Red face Shoulder blade itch

Hello everyone, I am new to this sight and was wondering if anyone has had a problem like this.Well my left shoulder blade itches like crazy.There is no rash or anything.The itch feels like it is a deep itch and I have a hard time getting to it.Could this be a back problem? If anyone has any answers please reply. Thanks for your time,turbotoy

Old 07-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Shoulder blade itch

Hi and welcome on board.
I am sorry i never heard about itch as a symptom for back problems, really don't have the answers for you.
But it could be related to muscles or nerve ending in that area... I would ask my Primary Doctor if he knows what it could be.
Best wishes...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

turbotoy HB User

thanks moldova,i think i heard someone say something about nerve endings

Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #4
(female)

pepperton HB User

Hi Turbotoy, well I thought I was the only one with this freaky problem and that it couldn't be possible anyone else might have it. I have had the same thing, deep itching, occasionally slight burning in the area of my left shoulder blade. This has been going on for about 3 to 4 years and has gotten progressively worse. It helps to scratch, I have two backscratchers spread around the house. But scratching just relieves it while doing it, it doesn't go away but sometimes deeply massaging the area helps.

I have asked my primary doctor and chiropractor and neither one has a clue. I might add I had a whiplash about 20 years ago and as a result my neck vertebrae curve the opposite of what they should. Also, I have major lower back problems with herniated discs and sometimes get that same itching, burning feeling in my groin. So, yes, I think it is a neurological problem. Probably nerves being pinched. I am at the point where it is bad enought that my next step will be to consider surgery and hopefully that will help.
So, if possible, an xray of your neck to see if you have any abnormalities might be helpful.
Keep us posted if you do find something out. Hang in there.
Pepperton

Closed Thread