It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User
Facet Injections After Fusion

Has anyone had facet injections just a few months after having a lumbar fusion? My dr. wants me to have them now, 4 months after my fusion because I have the same pain I had prior to surgery. It seems kind of close to me. If the injections work, he wants me to have the Rhizotomy only two weeks after.

I also would like to know of any side effects from the steroid used in the injections that anyone might have had.

Thanks and hope you all are having less pain today!

Harmony

Old 07-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Re: Facet Injections After Fusion

Hi Harmony,

No havent heard sorry. But I know they put rods down 2 rows of my facets to stabilise them incase they were causing the pain. Have you had this done? and if not maybe that is why they want to check if it is facet pain rather than disc ??????? Sorry cannot be of any more help..

Round 1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

Hi Round 1,

Yes, that is why the dr. wants to check that. He didn't put in the rods but I think he should have. He just did the plate, screws and cage from the front.
He said he may have to do another surgery now from the back and put the rods in.

I hope you're doing okay today. Try not to get discouraged at how long you can stay up at 6 weeks post op. I found that at 11 - 12 weeks it got a whole lot better and others have said that too. It won't be long for you and you'll improve more and more. Take care and thanks for your reply. :-)
What's the weather like in Ireland?

Harmony

Old 07-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Hi Harmony,

Was just going into edit the message you sent, as I went back to your previous post, it rang a bell when I had it sent, saying I sure we spoke about this, (losing the head here!!). I would try the facets at this stage, at least its one more thing eliminated. After all you have been through facets will be a walk in the park (well kind of!!). If it is the facets then that means you have to go thru all of this again?????? was there a good reason he thought it wouldnt have been facets?

Thanks for the words of encouragement, found this week abit easier, got out more and easier to pass the time, rather than focusing on the pain all the time. My hours up have improved to.

Weather, oh boy, the worst summer ever, could'nt even say summer I am still in my winter clothes. It has rained since the start of june. It was so bad last week I phoned to hire out a threadmill, which I can only get at the end of the month, so today I decided I am not going to wait, I will just go and buy one, cant do as much walking as I would like to with the wind and the rain, I think we have had milder winters (had the heating on the other day !!!!)

Wet, Cold, Windy, Showers, Ireland.
Round 1

Last edited by Round1; 07-14-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: had answer question re surgery again that I asked

Old 07-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

Hi again my friend!

Wow, it sure sounds like a cool, rainy summer there. Here in AZ, USA it's soooo hot - too hot for me. It's even too hot to go out for anyone to walk during the day and there it's too cold for you. We can't have a happy medium. LOL!

Yes, my dr. knew my facets were bad and the cause of my pain (because of the collapsed disk). I had the facet injections for diagnositic only (without steriod) and that told how they were along with a myelogram. That was the reason he didn't do the ADR. So, I don't know why he didn't consider putting in the rods. He was trying the less invasive by not going in the front and the back the same time hoping just the front w/o rods would help. But thinking what I know now, he should have put the rods in anyway since my facets are bad. It's never ending it seems. Yep, I'll have to try the shots I guess.

I'm glad you saw improvement this week. Every week will get better. My problem is not being able to walk or stand like it was before surgery without severe pain so that is what hasn't improved for me. The surgery limitations has improved.

What is the time difference from here to there? I remember one day it was late at night for me and you were having breakfast!

Harmony

Old 07-15-2007, 03:45 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

Hi Harmony,

Just its sunday here at 11.45 am, just checked time zones and I think you are about 7 hours behind us ? See what time this comes up when I post to you.

You mentioned about not going in the front, I had all my surgery through the back, rods, screws, nuts and bolts !! I suspose every surgeon differs.....
Glad to hear from you. God that heat sounds lovely (maybe for a day), not a sun lover but would settle for a few sunny days.

Let me know what time you receive this anyway, and dont forget to keep me posts re the facets. Hope you are having a few zzzzzzzzzzz now.

Just edited this msg at 1.35 pm and the time coming up is 5.45am depends where this msg board is set from !!!!!!!!
Take care
Round 1

Last edited by Round1; 07-15-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

Hi Round 1!

I see it must be a 6 hr. difference in time going by when you posted/edited and the time here in Arizona. I guess you must be sleeping now. :-) I hope you are having less pain as time goes on.

Harmony

Last edited by Harmony5; 07-16-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Closed Thread