It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
kk, topomax

Kk how is that working for you?? Has it helped at all??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Re: kk, topomax

Hey pepper, it was ok but i had to stop taking them because of increased swelling and tingling, it did not really help with my leg pain though, but it kept me from being hungry. Are you going to start taking them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I don't know I am going to request something for nerve pain - lyrica and elavil did not work for me so I am researching options. My appt is next Wed.

You are doing fantastic with your weight loss and should have a big grin on your face like this !! I am so proud of you.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

lilredsmom HB Userlilredsmom HB User

I've been on the Topamax for several years now for migraine headaches and this I do know, IF you stop taking them you do gain your weight back! UGH!!!!! Ugly and sad truth. I take 300mg a day. I'm chronic! Go figure! And by the way, they do nothing for any other pain that I'm aware of unless they found something new? Hasn't help me with anything except the headaches.

Last edited by lilredsmom; 07-18-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: editing

Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Hi Diet,

I have been taking Topamax for five months now ( 100mg x2 day ) for nerve pain. My doc at first put me on Lyrica which my body had a bad reaction too. I have found the Topamax to work pretty well with the nerve pain( for me ). I still have times where I feel sensation ( mild pain ) under my toes. Worst of times its running from toe to heal, but its more annnoying than painful. With that said, I am also going to say at seven months post op from L4 - S1 fusion I am JUST now starting to feel ok. I hope you find the source of what is causing this pain. I know how frustrating this whole back thing is. In the boat with you.

Rose

Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
(female)

lilredsmom HB Userlilredsmom HB User

I have to tell you all something, I have never met so many strong and courageous Angels in my life! I don't know if you guys realize just how strong you all or should I say we all really are! We endure so much pain and still mange to go one with life. God picked us for a reason, and here we are for one another and for those to come. God Bless each of you!

Closed Thread